A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Markovics:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Markovics
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Markovics Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Markovics, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Markovics graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx.
Dr. Markovics has 10 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Markovics MD is a male Internist, has 37 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Peter Markovics practice?
- Dr. Peter Markovics has 4 office locations.
Dr. Peter Markovics practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Valley Stream, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Hempstead, NY and New Hyde Park, NY.
See Valley Stream Internists and Valley Stream Gastroenterologists.