Dr. Peter Matsuura Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Matsuura?

December 20th, 2016

Very Professional, Very Courteous, Very Focused, Very Kind...

Appreciate the Promptness & Professionalism of his Staff... Verrry well-trained...Very Courteous...Very Patient... A Happy & Healthy Holiday Season to Dr Peter Matsuura & Team...

August 31st, 2016

Very unfortunate and disappointing

I think when things don't go his way he has a tantrum and if he is not considered the all knowing Ortho-MD, he has a hissy-fit and does vindictive things. Can be vindictive and passive aggressive at the expense of doing the right thing for his patient. For my family memberʻs instance, when her mainland physician gave him clear instructions on how she would like to have him carry over her plan for a patientʻs broken wrist, he does the opposite. Then when his solution causes terrible nerve pain into the patientʻs hand and fingers, he says "itʻs just nerve pain" condescendingly. But when the patient asked that he follow the attending MDs directions he did so, but with a vindictive twist like thinly applying a layer of cotton, then unnessecarily placing the fiber glass cast all the way up to her DIP joints so that the patient was not functional and had macerated skin between her fingers and the cast is not well-padded so it caused pain to areas of her hand and irritation at the cast edges. Left the me and the family member I recommended to see Dr Matsuura, upset and fearful to return. Staff was reportedly courteous and apologetic for his childish behavior. No follow up call to see how patient was doing as far pain and no follow-up with the patientʻs attending physician who tried to reach out to ensure that her plan of care was followed. This is very unfortunate, very disappointing.

September 27th, 2015

Rude, pompous, and rascist against haoles

I had to have a steroid injection because of joint pain. Simple enough for an orthopedist. This doctor was rough and the injection was extremely painful. I am not a wimp but when I winced in pain he just laughed. He was a complete a hole. I also heard him make derogatory remarks about haoles outside my exam room. I have had this done probably 6 different times in my life and never experienced anything like this jerk.

May 2nd, 2014

HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME

IVE SEEN THIS DR 4X AND IVE WAITED NO LESS THAN 3 HOURS IN WAITING ROOM ONLY TO WAIT ANOTHER 20-30 MINUTES TO SEE DR FOR 5 MINUTES.

October 1st, 2012

never called back rude!!! took weeks and the secratery was bad!!!

May 23rd, 2012

Dr Matsuura did emergency surgery after I broke the femoral neck. Being a visitor from NY I was very happy to have such excellent care by him and the staff at Hilo hospital.

March 23rd, 2012

what a jerk dr.

his bedside manner is the worst. he should never have any contact, verbal or otherwise with a patient except in the operating room.

March 13th, 2012

Very satisfied elderly female

Peter Matsuura has been treating both my worn out shoulders which caused me extreme pain. I can now move my arms in circular motions.

May 24th, 2011

This Doctor hasn't a clue how to give a proper diagnosis

Peter is a horrible doctor, his assumbtion was just that. He wanted to do surgery on my knee without an MRI scan to see exaclty where the problem was. I sought out a second opinoin and he discharged me as a patient, I wounder why? (LOL) Just as i thoutht, his diagnosis was incorrect. What a quack!!!Just a little heades up, make sure you get a second opinion before you let him cut you open.

February 1st, 2011

First class

We are visiting from the mainland and had to go to emergency room on Sunday. They referred us to Dr. Matsuura for follow-up on the following Monday. I called and explained situation and they fit me in right away. Considering that I was a "squeezed-in" appointment, I only waited 15 minutes before getting into the room to see the doctor. All staff were very helpful and courteous as well as concerned yet very friendly. Dr. Matsuura spent asking me questions, reviewing the emerg. Room X-ray and explaining my condition and what I could and could not do while continuing our vacation. Efficient experience with true caring and concern. Would definitely see him again if we were living here or needed to on this trip. Would recommend to friends and family as well if they found themselves in need of a orthopedic doctor in Hilo.

September 7th, 2010

He didn't operate right away and gave me options that I tried until I decided I was ready for surgery. Surgery worked.

August 24th, 2009

sorry

this guy Dr.Peter A. Matsuura does not know what he is doing. inaccurate diagnostic evaluation, misinterpretation of the x-rays, was my experience there. he is sorry do not go to him unless you want to not find out whats wrong.