A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Mavrelis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Mavrelis is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mavrelis
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Mavrelis Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Mavrelis, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mavrelis graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Mavrelis has 14 hospital affiliations:
- St Anthony Memorial Health Centers
- St. Catherine Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter George Mavrelis MD is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Peter G. Mavrelis practice?
- Dr. Peter Mavrelis has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Mavrelis practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Merrillville, IN.
See Merrillville Internists and Merrillville Gastroenterologists.