A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Mayer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Mayer, Neurological Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Mayer, FACS, MD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Arnold-Chiari Malformation
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Back Injuries
- Brain Aneurysm
- Brain Cancer
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Spinal Cancer
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mayer graduated from Dartmouth College, Hanover. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mayer has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter L Mayer FACS and MD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter L. Mayer practice?
- Dr. Peter Mayer has 2 office locations.
Dr. Peter Mayer practices Neurological Surgery near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Surgeons.