Neurologist

30 Buxton Farm Rd
Suite 230
Stamford, CT 06905
(203) 914-1900
Locations and availability (1)

• Currently 3.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  A Happy mom  |  show details
by Sam Cousins on May 8th, 2014

Had to share what my 12 year old son said today after his visit to see Dr. McAllister: Just had to share what Ben said to me on the way home after the visit today. "WOW. JUST WOW! That place is awesome. Did you see they have a spa room. A acupuncture room. A food room. It was so nice in there. The people were so funny. You know, I think I might study Neurology just so I could work there some day!!!" Thanks Dr M & Caryn for a great experience for him. Wish all doctor visits were that positive.

|  The Best and Most Trusted Doctor I know.  |  show details
by Dolores Natale on May 8th, 2014

My experience with Dr. McAlister has been a bonding for over ten years he has been the most considerate and has gone above with helping me not only with my treatments he has called me to help me even when away from his office I truly cannot describe his kindness and genuine compassion. I highly recommend him he is a 10

|  Life Changing!  |  show details
by Carina U. on Apr 21st, 2014

This Doctor changed my life. He was the first neurologist out of 4 and in a period of 9 years to not only figure out what was going on, but to put me at ease and suggest a treatment that reduced my chronic migraines by 75%! He is also very kind and truly interested in his patients as individuals.

|  Wow!  |  show details
by M.T. on Apr 17th, 2014

First of all the Stamford office is beautiful. Reminds me of a trendy Manhattan hotel lobby! When I got there I was immediately greeted and offered coffee and water. The woman at the front desk was sooo friendly I felt very much at ease. Then I had my appointment with Dr. McAllister. He's smart, and caring but mainly just really ... nice. It felt easy talking to him about complicated, difficult stuff, and his ideas and plan were different than any doctor I've ever been to. I just saw him a few days ago but already I feel on now on the right path. Very happy I went!

|  Life changer  |  show details
by Jennifer Newcomb on Mar 10th, 2014

After seeking help with chronic migraines, I ended up on a 13 year journey with Dr. McAllister, who guided me through dealing with and treating multiple neurological issues. Eventually, Dr. McAllister was instrumental in diagnosing my incredibly rare autoimmune condition. Not only was his medical expertise incredible, the human support I rcvd gave me the strength to handle all that I went through. I am forever grateful to have stumbled upon not only one of the best doctors, but the finest human beings I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

|  migrains and muscle spasm  |  show details
by maria caraglior on Mar 9th, 2014

I have been with Dr.Mcallister for for decades,,,he was the only doctor who was able to keep my migrain and muscle pain at bay..I cannot speak more highly of this doctor,who takes the time to listen and REALLY CARE,about what is going on with my pain.He is an amazing doctor who really cares for his patients. he is one of a handful of doctors left in this modern day of living that CARES.for that I thank you you Dr.Mcallister

|  Exceptional  |  show details
by bruce M. on Mar 4th, 2014

A exceptional skilled and caring doctor.

|  best doc ever  |  show details
by MJ on Feb 24th, 2014

I Have beenseeing him for17 yrs now and he will greatly b missed. U wish he didn't move to Stamford I don't drive because of my epilepsy so I probably got to get a new neurologist I'm not too happy..he did have me seizures go from about 50 a week down to 5 a month..he will b missed

by Dolores Natale on Feb 22nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mcallister for over 10 years. He is very attentive to my conditions and has guided me through these years. I feel very comfortable with all his recommendations and would highly recommend him to everyone.

|  Greatest Doc  |  show details
by Gail Warden on Feb 21st, 2014

Dr Mcallister is the best doctor in the world. I have suffered migraines for 40 years and he has helped me control my migraines. I would highly recommend Dr Mcallister to any one. He has the best Bedside Manner of any doctor that I have ever seen in my lifetime. He is truly the BEST!!!!!! He is truly a 10 star doctor!

|  The Best Doc Ever!  |  show details
by Amanda L. on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr. McAllister has been treating me since my initial diagnosis with MS almost 13 years ago. Even though I have moved about an hour away, he will always remain my neurologist. He takes the time to listen to me, he is kind and caring and together we figure out what the next step in my care will be. I have never met a doctor who is more invested in his patients. He is what every doctor should be.

by Gail M on Feb 11th, 2014

I met Dr Mcallister a few years ago with numbness It took a while but he never gave up He is the kindest Dr I have ever met he talks to you remembers things that you have spoken about with him medical and personal I am his tweet because of my age with ms he's always there for me even though its hard to get a appointment

|  Comforting & Caring  |  show details
by Janet B. on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Mac as I call him is the most caring and genuine Dr. I have known. I have been seeing him for 15 years & will not see anyone else. He takes the time to listen to me & is always open to alternative options & doesn't just reach for the prescription pad. At the large office it could be an issue getting an appt. with him - but usually a call to him got the problem solved.

|  Top Doc.  |  show details
by Dave B. on Jan 30th, 2014

I have been a patient of the doctor for several years, and as someone who has seen numerous neuroligists for chronic migraine headaches, I can share that he is among the very best. He is very easy to talk to, concerned about your health and welfare (beyond just neurology) and is thorough in exploring options so that you are comfortable.

|  Great doc for 3 generations  |  show details
by Natalie on Jan 26th, 2014

We all go together to see Dr. McAllister - My mom (neuropathy and a small stroke), my daughter (migraines and fibro) and me (MS and headaches). He makes it fun and is very helpful. Warm is a good word for Dr. M.

|  Wow!  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2013

My 12 year old daughter had severe daily headaches for 6 months. We went to many different doctors in CT and NY. Finally my pediatrician called Dr. Mcallister and (despite being very, very booked), he saw us the next day. Boy are we ever happy! He spent a lot of time with us, and put my daughter (who is shy) totally at ease. He then did some tests that no one else considered and diagnosed her with something called pseudotumor. With medicines, diet some other things he recommended my daughter's headaches are gone and she's back in school. A total gem!

|  wow  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2013

Best Doctor Experience Ever.

Jan 27th, 2012

Calm, smart, caring. Funny too. I like not just him but the whole staff - from therapists, counselors, nurses, to the technicians. A very comprehensive center. AND, Dr Mcallister was the only doctor would diagnosed and fixed my problem

Nov 29th, 2011

Having been to several neurologists for treatment of headaches, Dr. McAllister is top notch, caring and knowledgable. However, he is difficult to get an appointment with, and I have had several appointments cancelled on me, having to then wait two to three months for the next available, which is quite frustrating when in pain. The phone system is difficult to navigate and messages are not readily returned.

Oct 18th, 2011

He is a bright man with a caring bedside manner!! Recommeded highly trhrew others!!

|  Mrs. L. Glastonbury CT  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2011

Came a long way to see Dr. M. I was NOT disappointed! He diagnosed my problem on the spot (cervical dystonia), spent lots of time explaining the condition and then treated me right then and there. Within a week I was feeling great! He was the fourth doctor I went to for this ailment and Dr. M. took unbelievable care of me. He's SO calm and reassuring that you just trust him.

|  Inspires confidence!  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. McAllister is a smart and caring physician. He has a calm and confident bedside manner and is the first Dr. that our daughter has seen that gave her confidence that she could get better from debilitating migrane and stomach pain. The fact that he is heavily booked "goes with the territory" as this is the norm with the best docs. Highly recommended.

Apr 26th, 2009

Best doctor experience I have ever had.

|  Patient  |  show details
by GG on Mar 4th, 2009

Extremely competent as well as having a great bedside manner. Only doctor I've met to date, that's focused on finding a "cure" vs treating the symptoms. I've already referred others to this doctor and will continue to do so in the future. I don't generally give "excellent" reviews, but so far my experience has been just that: EXCELLENT.

|  Top Notch  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2008

fantastic headache specialist, very caring. treats adults and kids with respect. My family and I couldn't be happier with Dr. McAllister.

|  Outstanding Neurologist - great diagnostician  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2008

Dr. McAllister is an excellent physician - he is sharp, smart, caring and a very decent human being. He is an excellent diagnostician and treats his patient as a person - not a diagnosis.