Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Thanks Dr. McAllister! show details Thanks Dr. McAllister!
Jan 16th, 2015

Dr. McAllister saved me from years of poor care by bad doc in North Haven.

by Virginia Downing on Jan 13th, 2015

He is the most understanding, helpful doctor I have ever met ..the best

Highly recommend this MD show details Highly recommend this MD
by Chrissanne on Jan 11th, 2015

Excellent service - completely warm and inviting atmosphere, clean, professional and I left understanding my condition and feeling hopeful. Completely different than any other medical doctor experience I have ever had in my 44 years - 12 of which I have had a neurological condition. Highly recommend!

Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

A physician myself, I admire Dr. McAllister––he practices medicine/neurology with a sense of compassion respect for his patient. He is always up to date in the field yet gives you time to talk never forgets that he's treating a person not a "case."

Nov 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I love the ability to email Dr. M at anytime and know I will get a reply. This is a doctor who listens to you and offers helpful advice and counsel.

Oct 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Always a great visit and Dr. McAllister is the best example of a caring doctor!

Oct 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

After many years seeing other neurologists I found Dr. McAllister he was the only one to find out what exactly was my condition and after a few years was able to prescribe the medication that has helped me. Even though it is a distance for me to travel.

Oct 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The office atmosphere is relaxed and calm. Dr. McAllister has a great bedside manner and he makes you feel as if you are the only patient that matters. I would recommend him, and have, to friends.

Oct 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very relaxed atmosphere, super nice staff. Dr. McAllister personally came out and greeted me, explained the entire procedure and really put me at ease.

Oct 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was so impressed by Dr. McAllister. He was so easy to talk to and I felt comfortable sharing my concerns with him. He put me at ease and gave me hope that I can get my headaches under control. I felt so optimistic after having met with him.

Oct 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Most professional helpful doctor I've ever visited with

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has been a trusted advisor and friend for many years. He has accurately diagnosed medical issues, on occasion delivered difficult news with care and compassion and provided invaluable counsel to me as I attended to the needs of loved ones

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Extremely, helpful and went out of his way to care for an urgent situation that brought immediate relief!!!

Oct 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is very well informed in his field of study and is comprehensive in his examination. He explores every option and seeks to meet the needs of his patients. I am very pleased with the care he provides.

Oct 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

i would recommend him to anyone...}} and if fact i have

Oct 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

dr. mcallister listens, communications are focused, concerns are addressed, alternatives are offered. I also very much like the timeliness of being seen by dr. M.

Oct 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

excellent--wish all Doctors were this good

Oct 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is one of the finest neurologists in the country. I have been a patient for over 10 years. I work full time, no easy feat, thanks to his customized treatments. I am so grateful that he keeps me optmistic and highly functional.

Oct 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am a doctor and very aware of how difficult it can be to diagnose and treat complicated conditions. Dr. McAllister is a remarkable doctor who helped me when others had failed.

Oct 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Peter is the most comforting, informative doctor and friend that I know

Oct 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very personal and complete doctor visit. He always gets to the point and offers possible solutions to my problems. One possible suggestion is to write down the information for the patient...I find myself getting home and feeling a bit confused.

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has been my hero ever since my first visit with him over 10 years ago. He is extremely knowledgeable ,compassionate and validating! The staff at NEINH are ALL welcoming, warm, helpful and supportive.

Oct 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Love Dr.McAllister. Professional. Cares about my headaches and my time. We have a conversation where he looks me in the eye, not down typing on a computer screen while I try to tell him what's going on. Staff is friendly and organized.

Sep 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The entire visit was pleasant and informative. Warm and friendly atmosphere with the utmost professionalism!

Sep 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The best! Came in for a nerve blocker for my carpal tunnel. Had not slept through the night in weeks. Been sleeping like a baby since. I love Dr. McAllister, he has great energy and genuine concern for his patients. Betting happy I found him.

Sep 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Ver pleased. Professional and caring

Sep 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is professional and truly gives the patient his undivided attention, which is often lacking in this new Era of Healthcare in the 21st century. I am very fortunate that I have him as my neurologist. His staff is courteous and kind. Cris B.

Sep 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Absolutely a great Doctor! Very compassionate and caring yet very informative and experienced. If you ever need a neurologist, this is the Dr to see!

Sep 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Peter McAllister truly listens. He understands the complexity of migraines & headaches.

Sep 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is AWESOME!

Sep 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is wonderful. I suffered for two plus years with symptoms numerous doctors could not figure out. One visit with Dr. McAllister and he had it all figured out! It was a big relief to talk with someone who has a very positive vision of MS.

Sep 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is an amazing physician. He looks at the entire picture and doesn't just focus on his specialty. This is a unique quality in a provider and one that more patients should look for in their physicians.

Sep 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has been my neurologist for over 14 years. He is a kind and caring physician and we work together to manage my MS. I never feel rushed and always feel I am getting the best care possible.

Aug 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent knowledge and very empathic. Cutting edge knowledge of migraine treatment.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I found Dr McAllister to be extremely confident and knowledgeable about my complaint. It was addressed with ease and conveyed to me that he knew the details backwards and forwards of the issue.When I left the office, I felt so much better.

Aug 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Well organized office. Every detail is important. History taking is meticulous. Very open to suggestions, but tells you the latest literature and findings. Carefully evaluates the medications, side effects and drug interactions.

Aug 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great office, warm, thoughtful and very up to date physician, friendly staff and a welcoming environment-- what could be better?

Aug 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was so good to see Dr McAllister he's a very caring man. It was great news to hear that his treatment room was done. Everyone in the office is pleasant. Look forward to many years with him

Aug 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister is an amazing doctor. He takes his time with you, talks to you and addresses all your needs and concerns with knowledge, compassion, patience and empathy. His staff is kind and competent.You feel very well cared-for when you leave the office

Aug 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is the best thing that ever happened to me as a chronic migraine patient. He is personal, personable, understanding, compassionate, and he gave me hope when I thought I had tried everything. He is also brilliant and employs all of

Aug 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been a patient of Dr McAllisters for 10 yrs & feel very fortunate to have such a caring/compassionate, knowledgeable, competent Dr. He takes the time to get to know, listen to & collaborate with his patients. You will not find a better Dr than him!

Aug 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has a full grasp of my needs and addresses them immediately. I know I can discuss anything that is bothering me with him & he will always be available to assist. It's great to be treated as a person & not a chart number!

Aug 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister took his time explaining everything that we needed to know about test results, lab reports, etc. Unlike other physicians he didn't make us feel that he was too busy or not interested in our situation. We are very grateful to him.

Aug 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister is a very patient, kind, caring Dr. who takes his time with you, addresses all issues concerning not only you main reason for the visit, but others that tie in with that concern. He makes you feel relaxed and in turn, you can speak easily.

Aug 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has made a substantial improvement in the quality of life for my daughter. We've been seeing him for more than 13 years, and will continue for many more. We are blessed to have found him.

Aug 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

You MATTER and our FIRST... CARE is there Business!!

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Simply put Dr McAllister is the BEST ! He always takes the time to listen and address any problems or concerns that I may have. He is truly one in a million and I would be lost without him.

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is patient and caring. He has helped me with a very challenging nerve pain problem. His whole staff goes out of their wAy to help you and make you feel comfortable. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone.

Aug 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr.McAllister's for fifteen years. In that time, it is a constant that he has demonstrated genuine concern and always looked beyond the box for solutions to stress factors that might contribute to my migraine history.

Aug 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

One of the most knowledgable, helpful and caring physicians I've ever been to! I could not recommend him more highly!

Aug 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent!!

Jul 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has a wonderful, easy disposition when dealing with his patients. He listens to my areas of complaints and is ready to address these issues accordingly. My treatment prescribed by Dr. McAllister has been life changing

Jul 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is cutting edge in treatment of migraines. Since I've been under Dr. McAllister's care, I have gone from 20-25 migraine days/month down to 1-7 days in a 90 day period. Dr. McAllister is amazing & cares about his patients.

Jul 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Mcallister truly cares about and listens to his patients. Also- staff is very nice.

Jul 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As a long time migraine sufferer I have seen and heard it all....after my appointment with Dr McAllister I again have some hope, he is so knowledgeable and personable, very easy to talk to and spent a lot of time with me to try and figure out my issues.

Jul 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAlaster is the best doctor in the world. He is truly concerned about his patients and strives to helping them out in any way that he can. I would recommend him to anyone, and I will. No one's better.

Jul 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAlistar's new office is welcoming and friendly. As always, Dr. McAlistar was professional yet engaging. He took time to discuss my case, answer my questions and suggest treatment options. Feel I am in very capable hands.

Jul 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister's comprehensive knowledge of neurology is matched only by his depth of genuine caring and concern about his patients! I recommend him all the time to family, friends, and professionally.

Jul 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister had an extremely pleasant bedside manner that made me feel comfortable and open right away. My concerns were addressed and I felt I could have someone to continually communicate with even after our time meeting.

Jul 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is one of a few left who takes the time to truly listen to your concerns and make adjustments throughout your treatments as needed. I would highly recommend him as a Dr. who cares about the well being of his patients.

Jul 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is in a league of his own in the world of neurologists/ doctors in general. He is the most competent, knowledgeable, and kind doctor you will ever have the chance to know. He got to solutions/treatment more efficiently than any other dr.

Jul 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I find Doctor McAllister to be a very caring and an excellent doctor for the treatment of chronic migraines and neck pain

Jul 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Loves this dr and the entire staff.

Jul 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has been my Neurologist for over 17 years. He knows my history and is very patient and kind. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of neurological care.

Jul 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel so fortunate to have been treating with Dr McAllister. He has changed my life. I had been "sick" and misdiagnosed for multiple years. Dr. McAllister has brought me out of my slump and has me excited to begin this new chapter in my life. Thank u

Jul 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is a world-class physician in league of his own. He diagnosed my rare condition immediately when nobody else could. He is the kindest, most compassionate physician I know. He looks at the entire individual, and not just his specialty.

Jul 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He is cutting edge, knows all the latest researcg

Jul 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister was very attentive and listened to every detail before offering an assessment and diagnosis. He was very knowledgable and had an excellent patient rapport. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Jul 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister is a true professional. He listened to my concerns, thought about some appropriate solutions to a very difficult problem (at least in my eyes) and gave some actions to move forward as well as giving me a reasonable possibility of hope. A

Jul 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister helped me for 10 years. Previously, I had headaches, facial tics/ spasms. I felt pain/ no medical doctor could help me with my Bell's Palsy. I had severe back spasms too. He solved my problem. He is truly an expert in his field! See him!!

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor McAllister is the best...I appreciate him and his staff, they are all so kind and helpful. I would highly recommend this practice to all of my friends and family.

Jun 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

For the last 11 years, Dr. McAllister has treated my father with great compassion and concern. He's given us the highest quality care and attention. We highly recommend this exceptional physician.

Jun 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is undoubtedly one of the finest doctors I have ever had the privilege of going to for medical guidance. I originally met him during my high risk pregnancy 12 years ago and he is even more wonderful today! There is no one better! Thank you!

Jun 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is professional & knowledgable. He's respectful of his patients time and does not over book or keep you waiting. He spends quality time with each patient, I never leave feeling rushed. I'm beyond satisfied with the medical care he provides.

Jun 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is extremely thorough and has a great bedside manner. Makes you feel totally relaxed. His staff is also very friendly and comforting.

Jun 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent doctor––friendly, warm, and up to date.

Jun 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.McAllister is one of those rare practitioners who combines sharp intelligence with compassion and respect for his patient. He listens. He suggests. Then he discusses. Only superlatives will do when describing him.

May 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister is an excellent physician in that he takes the time to listen and address all of your concerns. He discusses how you are dealing with your meds as well as what is going on in your life. Then he determines with you the best course of action.

May 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I found my interaction with Dr. McAllister very promising and I am hoping he can solve my problem.

May 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is one of the most brilliant neurologists working in the United States right now, and it is so nice to have him in the NorthEast. He is always engaging and listens carefully. His new offices are crisp and beautiful.

May 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Peter McAllister is a wonderful neurologist. He is patient, kind and he listens. He is always current on new medications and treatments. You can ask him anything and you never feel rushed during an appointment. I highly recommend seeing him.

May 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This is the way a medical practice should be run. All of the staff were kind and friendly. They genuinely seemed to be there to help the patients. Dr. McAllister seemed to have plenty of time for me. I did not feel rushed at all.

May 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Peter McAllister is the best!

May 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As I love Dr McAllister & will follow him anywhere in the tri-state area because he is so good at what he does for me.

May 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is professional and caring. I feel fortunate that my headaches are being treated and that he knows about cutting edge research. The staff are friendly and efficient too!

May 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister grasped my complex case quickly and came up with treatment alternatives which I am hopeful will resolve longstanding problems. He has additional options that can be pursued so I feel he is ready to work through this with me.

May 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent and knowledgable

May 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister is one the best most caring doctors I have ever had the pleasure to be a paitent off. I would highly recommend him to anyone

May 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is a wonderful doctor! He is attentive and genuinely concerned for my well being. He has tremendously helped me manage my migraines.

May 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this doctor!

May 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is unlike any doctor I have ever seen. He sits with you and gets a full understanding of what your needs are and then thoroughly explains your treatment options. To say he is a Neurologist would be an understatement!! A experience

May 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I credit Dr. McAllister with restoring my shattered faith in the medical community. He is compassionate, inciteful, very knowledgeable, and motivated by the clients' best interests. My condition was soon diagnosed and therapeutic steps taken. Thank you.

May 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is incredible!! He is engaged with his patients and actively listens to our concerns.

May 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr McAllister has helped me tremendously in the treatment of my migraines.

May 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister has a beautiful new office, and it was a pleasure to see him in his new surroundings. As usual, he is excellent and knows exactly what to do to help. All doctors should be this great!

May 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is a warm, caring, excellent doctor. I would recommend him wholeheartedly and without reservation.

A Happy mom show details A Happy mom
by Sam Cousins on May 8th, 2014

Had to share what my 12 year old son said today after his visit to see Dr. McAllister: Just had to share what Ben said to me on the way home after the visit today. "WOW. JUST WOW! That place is awesome. Did you see they have a spa room. A acupuncture room. A food room. It was so nice in there. The people were so funny. You know, I think I might study Neurology just so I could work there some day!!!" Thanks Dr M & Caryn for a great experience for him. Wish all doctor visits were that positive.

The Best and Most Trusted Doctor I know. show details The Best and Most Trusted Doctor I know.
by Dolores Natale on May 8th, 2014

My experience with Dr. McAlister has been a bonding for over ten years he has been the most considerate and has gone above with helping me not only with my treatments he has called me to help me even when away from his office I truly cannot describe his kindness and genuine compassion. I highly recommend him he is a 10

May 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is a smart, competent and kind doctor. His new offices are beautiful and his office staff were delightful.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent doctor.

May 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister is a great doctor. I feel blssed to have him and Caryn.

May 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent in understanding and dealing with Migraine headaches and other problems that are interrelated.

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

a visit with the doctor in which he actually listened, responded to concerns; experience was a collaborative effort in finding resolution to the issues brought forth. left with a positive feeling doctor knew me.

Apr 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

World class expertise. Warm caring doctor.

Apr 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. McAllister for 5 years but this was the first visit to his new office. I find him very easy to talk to . He listens to what I have to say. By the choices he has made in medication for me my condition has improved.

Apr 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It was a pleasure to be there. Everyone was so friendly. I have been going to Dr. McAllister since 2008. He has always been friendly and took whatever time you needed but he was so relaxed and we really talked. He's so positive love the man.

Apr 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister and his staff are extending every effort to make his patients feel well cared for and comfortable in his new office. I have been his patient for a long time. He is an exceptional doctor & a leader in his field.

attentive, informed, effective.

Apr 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McCallister is outstanding. For several years I had migraines on a near daily basis. Last month, I had none. Since he has been my neurologist, my quality of life has vastly improved.

Apr 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

he is the best!

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Life Changing! show details Life Changing!
by Carina U. on Apr 21st, 2014

This Doctor changed my life. He was the first neurologist out of 4 and in a period of 9 years to not only figure out what was going on, but to put me at ease and suggest a treatment that reduced my chronic migraines by 75%! He is also very kind and truly interested in his patients as individuals.

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. McAllister spent a long time listening to my medical problems, explained what course of action he recommended and impressed me as being very knowledgeable.

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. McCallister's for over a year and after my first visit at his new office I am beyond pleased. In the new office he actually has 'time' to sit with you and discuss your migraine history/concerns in a beautiful calming space. A

Wow! show details Wow!
by M.T. on Apr 17th, 2014

First of all the Stamford office is beautiful. Reminds me of a trendy Manhattan hotel lobby! When I got there I was immediately greeted and offered coffee and water. The woman at the front desk was sooo friendly I felt very much at ease. Then I had my appointment with Dr. McAllister. He's smart, and caring but mainly just really ... nice. It felt easy talking to him about complicated, difficult stuff, and his ideas and plan were different than any doctor I've ever been to. I just saw him a few days ago but already I feel on now on the right path. Very happy I went!

Apr 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been with Dr. McAllister for many years and would highly recommend him and his practice. He is one of a few doctors who truly gets to know his patients, takes time to discuss issues and resolutions and works with you until you are feeling better.

Apr 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Yesterday, I visited Dr. McAllistair. He diagnosis was lingual dysphonia. He gave me shot of xeomin under my chin, and it didn't hurt at all. I trust Dr. McAllistair!!

Apr 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I'm a nurse and patient. Dealt with many physicians. Dr. McAllister is easy to talk to. Thoroughly answers all questions. Refreshing to receive personal professional attention versus the hurried way other medical offices operate. You won't be disappointed

Apr 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent all around. Highly recommended.

Mar 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Today was my first visit at Dr. McAllister's new location, New England Institute for Neurology and Headache. I have been under his care since 2011. He is very easy to talk to, he listens, truly cares, & above all I trust I am in the best hands.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Life changer show details Life changer
by Jennifer Newcomb on Mar 10th, 2014

After seeking help with chronic migraines, I ended up on a 13 year journey with Dr. McAllister, who guided me through dealing with and treating multiple neurological issues. Eventually, Dr. McAllister was instrumental in diagnosing my incredibly rare autoimmune condition. Not only was his medical expertise incredible, the human support I rcvd gave me the strength to handle all that I went through. I am forever grateful to have stumbled upon not only one of the best doctors, but the finest human beings I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

migrains and muscle spasm show details migrains and muscle spasm
by maria caraglior on Mar 9th, 2014

I have been with Dr.Mcallister for for decades,,,he was the only doctor who was able to keep my migrain and muscle pain at bay..I cannot speak more highly of this doctor,who takes the time to listen and REALLY CARE,about what is going on with my pain.He is an amazing doctor who really cares for his patients. he is one of a handful of doctors left in this modern day of living that CARES.for that I thank you you Dr.Mcallister

Exceptional show details Exceptional
by bruce M. on Mar 4th, 2014

A exceptional skilled and caring doctor.

best doc ever show details best doc ever
by MJ on Feb 24th, 2014

I Have beenseeing him for17 yrs now and he will greatly b missed. U wish he didn't move to Stamford I don't drive because of my epilepsy so I probably got to get a new neurologist I'm not too happy..he did have me seizures go from about 50 a week down to 5 a month..he will b missed

by Dolores Natale on Feb 22nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Mcallister for over 10 years. He is very attentive to my conditions and has guided me through these years. I feel very comfortable with all his recommendations and would highly recommend him to everyone.

Greatest Doc show details Greatest Doc
by Gail Warden on Feb 21st, 2014

Dr Mcallister is the best doctor in the world. I have suffered migraines for 40 years and he has helped me control my migraines. I would highly recommend Dr Mcallister to any one. He has the best Bedside Manner of any doctor that I have ever seen in my lifetime. He is truly the BEST!!!!!! He is truly a 10 star doctor!

The Best Doc Ever! show details The Best Doc Ever!
by Amanda L. on Feb 12th, 2014

Dr. McAllister has been treating me since my initial diagnosis with MS almost 13 years ago. Even though I have moved about an hour away, he will always remain my neurologist. He takes the time to listen to me, he is kind and caring and together we figure out what the next step in my care will be. I have never met a doctor who is more invested in his patients. He is what every doctor should be.

by Gail M on Feb 11th, 2014

I met Dr Mcallister a few years ago with numbness It took a while but he never gave up He is the kindest Dr I have ever met he talks to you remembers things that you have spoken about with him medical and personal I am his tweet because of my age with ms he's always there for me even though its hard to get a appointment

Comforting & Caring show details Comforting & Caring
by Janet B. on Feb 1st, 2014

Dr. Mac as I call him is the most caring and genuine Dr. I have known. I have been seeing him for 15 years & will not see anyone else. He takes the time to listen to me & is always open to alternative options & doesn't just reach for the prescription pad. At the large office it could be an issue getting an appt. with him - but usually a call to him got the problem solved.

Top Doc. show details Top Doc.
by Dave B. on Jan 30th, 2014

I have been a patient of the doctor for several years, and as someone who has seen numerous neuroligists for chronic migraine headaches, I can share that he is among the very best. He is very easy to talk to, concerned about your health and welfare (beyond just neurology) and is thorough in exploring options so that you are comfortable.

Great doc for 3 generations show details Great doc for 3 generations
by Natalie on Jan 26th, 2014

We all go together to see Dr. McAllister - My mom (neuropathy and a small stroke), my daughter (migraines and fibro) and me (MS and headaches). He makes it fun and is very helpful. Warm is a good word for Dr. M.

Wow! show details Wow!
Nov 23rd, 2013

My 12 year old daughter had severe daily headaches for 6 months. We went to many different doctors in CT and NY. Finally my pediatrician called Dr. Mcallister and (despite being very, very booked), he saw us the next day. Boy are we ever happy! He spent a lot of time with us, and put my daughter (who is shy) totally at ease. He then did some tests that no one else considered and diagnosed her with something called pseudotumor. With medicines, diet some other things he recommended my daughter's headaches are gone and she's back in school. A total gem!

wow show details wow
Nov 13th, 2013

Best Doctor Experience Ever.

Jan 27th, 2012

Calm, smart, caring. Funny too. I like not just him but the whole staff - from therapists, counselors, nurses, to the technicians. A very comprehensive center. AND, Dr Mcallister was the only doctor would diagnosed and fixed my problem

Nov 29th, 2011

Having been to several neurologists for treatment of headaches, Dr. McAllister is top notch, caring and knowledgable. However, he is difficult to get an appointment with, and I have had several appointments cancelled on me, having to then wait two to three months for the next available, which is quite frustrating when in pain. The phone system is difficult to navigate and messages are not readily returned.

Oct 18th, 2011

He is a bright man with a caring bedside manner!! Recommeded highly trhrew others!!

Mrs. L. Glastonbury CT show details Mrs. L. Glastonbury CT
Sep 24th, 2011

Came a long way to see Dr. M. I was NOT disappointed! He diagnosed my problem on the spot (cervical dystonia), spent lots of time explaining the condition and then treated me right then and there. Within a week I was feeling great! He was the fourth doctor I went to for this ailment and Dr. M. took unbelievable care of me. He's SO calm and reassuring that you just trust him.

Inspires confidence! show details Inspires confidence!
Mar 1st, 2011

Dr. McAllister is a smart and caring physician. He has a calm and confident bedside manner and is the first Dr. that our daughter has seen that gave her confidence that she could get better from debilitating migrane and stomach pain. The fact that he is heavily booked "goes with the territory" as this is the norm with the best docs. Highly recommended.

Apr 26th, 2009

Best doctor experience I have ever had.

Patient show details Patient
by GG on Mar 4th, 2009

Extremely competent as well as having a great bedside manner. Only doctor I've met to date, that's focused on finding a "cure" vs treating the symptoms. I've already referred others to this doctor and will continue to do so in the future. I don't generally give "excellent" reviews, but so far my experience has been just that: EXCELLENT.

Top Notch show details Top Notch
Sep 17th, 2008

fantastic headache specialist, very caring. treats adults and kids with respect. My family and I couldn't be happier with Dr. McAllister.

Outstanding Neurologist - great diagnostician show details Outstanding Neurologist - great diagnostician
Jul 8th, 2008

Dr. McAllister is an excellent physician - he is sharp, smart, caring and a very decent human being. He is an excellent diagnostician and treats his patient as a person - not a diagnosis.