Dr. Peter Mcleay MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 13th, 2016
Needs improvement
Dr. McLeay is an older male who, while pleasant & does appear to want to be helpful, has a tendency to sometimes talk down to anyone who is not a physician. Many physicians do this, so a patient learns to not question his opinion directly or you'll be quickly put in your place. For some reason doctors seem to find it annoying if a patient does any research on their own condition. And I mean through reputable sources such as WebMD, Mayo Clinic, JAMA, etc. More importantly McLeay speaks in a very quick cadence and uses a great deal of medical jargon, which for older patients can be confusing. He will also use diagrams and tell you not just what he thinks should be done, but also anything else that might be attempted and all that information can be overwhelming, especially to someone who has a serious heart malady. I've seen him frighten patients, I assume unintentionally, by projecting an attitude that he's given up and there is nothing to hope for if a patient is in an advanced stage of heart disease. In my opinion, the patient's psychological well being is as important as their physical well being. A physician MUST use caution when using their words with people who have no medical knowledge. And many older people tend to look at physicians as God like, which is far from the truth. You really have to be careful if the physician himself begins to believe it as well. To sum it up Dr McLeay, who is knowledgable, still has yet to learn how to impart this knowledge to his individual patients and to do it based on the patient, not in a "one size fits all" manner.

February 10th, 2015
He's pleasant enough, although he has the mistaken belief that fat people are stupid.

December 10th, 2013
My 'Dr. Pete'
I love my 'Dr. Pete'... That's what I call him to myself. He is an EXCELLENT doctor!! He pays attention to you, he listens to you, but more importantly, he truly KNOWS what is going on with you... if not, HE FINDS OUT!... and HE TELLS YOU about it!!! HE KNOWS HIS STUFF... AND HE DOES IT!!!

June 21st, 2013
awesome
I am only 24 had been from doctor to doctor trying to express my concerns for my heart problems. He was referred to me by a friend of mine who has been seeing him for years. A lot of doctors just prescribed me xanax and sent me on my way. Dr. Mcleay was so attentive and listened to me and seemed to take my side in being concerned of my issues. I have my 2nd appointment with him soon which some family medical issues may help in figuring out and understanding my condition, as it is very rare, but I look forward to speaking with him again and hearing his input!

June 22nd, 2012
patient
dr mcleay does heart catherization in his office which is unsafe there is no backup if something goes wrong and to ballon or stent you have to have 2nd heart the next week' double money for him and double risk for you... not safe

June 21st, 2012
Dr McLeay is awesome!! He treated me and my entire family with total respect and care. I know I am in good hands and have complete confidence in his ability. Thank you so much Dr. McLeay!!

January 14th, 2012
Still Alive
After 2 open heart by-passes Dr Mcleay has work on me and kept be living a good life. Even when the by-passes closed. I owe my life to him.

January 18th, 2011
very confident
Love this Doc... He is professional yet really cares about his patients..is very down to earth and easy to talk to...

November 27th, 2010
Love the whole staff
Highly recommend, they treat us like family. They know us by first names, treat us with the respect a doctor office should. Went to him when I needed a second opinion. He saved my life. Very prompt with results, very prompt with hospital care. Can not say enough about the Dr, nurses, and office staff. Love them...