Dr. Peter Mendelis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 21st, 2016
Great Doctor! Very Prompt!
When I read the reviews on this site I had to add my two cents. Dr. M is a great doctor and I have been seeing him for years. Yes, I have to come in every month to get my scripts but that's because he has make sure that nothing has changed with me. If you want to "check in" with your doctor twice a year, then you may as well order your medications from an online Canadian pharmacy (i.e. India or China). As for the average wait time of 25 minutes? That's ridiculous! I have been coming here faithfully for years, and I have *never* had to wait more than 2 minutes. He runs this place like clockwork. I care about my health and I want someone who is experienced checking on me.

December 1st, 2015
They deserve no stars!!

September 10th, 2015
He tried hard to be friendly and I had no issues with regard to that. I think he was spot on with my diagnosis and had me on a good regimen. He keeps his appointments quick though. I agree it's all about the refills for scripts. I work full time and after being stable for 1 year on the medication regimen he insisted I still had to be seen monthly to get refills. The appointment would be like 3 min...easy money. That's when I had to dump him and get my PMD to do the refills. How can one work full time and take off so frequently? I felt he could have been more flexible.

September 10th, 2015
Worst office ever
The doctor looks real nice and courteous, but some of the staff not, and is unbelievable how they treat their patients, if you miss two appt they tell you in your face that the doctor don't want to see you again and they won't let you know that as a rule the first time you come. Also they make you pay 60 dollars saying that that's the only way you can have another appt and when you get there they come with that no matter that the patient is has mental problems and need the medicine, another thing he won't write you refills even if the patient is stable you have to go every month to get the prescription and get it charge to the plan is ridiculous. They are only working for the money they don't care about the patients.

September 26th, 2014
Worst experience Ever
Horrible Staff and not impressed with Dr either. Max my mom has spent is 5 mins never getting to the route of the problem just medicate. Staff is always snappy and just unprofessional. I am currently praying to find a better place to take my mother. What only takes a 2 min appt they always say there is none. Really you could write the scripts while on the toilet no appt needed. just taking folks money. Missed appt fee is $60.00 horroible

October 14th, 2013
If you just need scrips he's great. If you need a doctor, keep looking
Dr. Mendelis is going to see you for 10 minutes max, and the clock starts the moment you leave the lobby and walk towards his office, and that includes the time used to write your scrips. He is great if you know what medication you want, and you just need a scrip. He is not going to fill out leave slips for work, or disability forms and he isn't going to spend enough time with you to make an intelligent decision about medication changes. If you are in crisis he won't take calls from the hospital, he won't work with therapist outside his practice and he doesn't have evening hours. I was in crisis and he told me to find a therapist to refer me to outpatient. I jumped out of a car that evening and landed in emergency and inpatient and outpatient for 2 months. I had to wait a few weeks for an appointment with my new therapist. He is prompt, but he just hands you a scrip and sends you on your way.

August 21st, 2013
Great Doctor
Great doctor. I have been seeing him for several years and he is always nice to me. He remembers everything I've ever told him. I had a missed appointment a few years back, and I paid it. It was no problem. The rating on this website made me select a minimum of 5 minutes wait in the office, but I've never even had to wait that long. I tend to get there a few minutes before my appointment, but he always sees me RIGHT ON TIME. That never happens with any of my other doctors.

August 8th, 2013
Worse doctor and rude receptionist
If you are in need of psychiatric care, I recommend you stay as far away from this place, Dr Mendelis is rude and so is his receptionist Harold. They are all about making money and will go to any length to get it. No concern whatsoever, he just stares at you. If he was the last doctor on this earth, I wouldn't go see him. If I go give 0 stars, that is exactly what he would get.

October 7th, 2012
NO COMPASSION-REFUSED TO SEE ME AFTER ONE MISSED APPT-WHAT KIND OF BEDSIDE MANNER IS THAT FOR MENTAL HEALTH PATIENTS???
I wonder how many suicides were contributed by this man. He "refused to see me" after ONE missed appointment, even if I paid the fee. The receptionist Harold said he would call me back after he "checked to see if I was still allowed there" and never did. I had to call. What kind of bedside manner is that??? Especially for a psychiatrist, who is supposed to be caring and compassion especially!

October 7th, 2012
Arrogant and grandiose.. UNCARING- refused to see me
I spent MONTHS trying to get an appointment. I have anxiety and depression. Sometimes the office says they are taking new patients, then other times they are not. I missed one appointment, ONE, and agreed to pay the missed appointment fee. When calling to reschedule, Harold at the front office said that he would have to see if "the doctor still wishes to see me" and he would get back to me. Never did. I had to call again just to hear "you should pay the missed appointment fee but the doctor said he prefers NOT to see me again". Lousy bedside manner, unprofessional (especially for a mental health clinician)- shouldn't they of all people have care and compassion, and understanding for their patients??? There are so many people who need help who refuse to seek it, yet when people do seek help, they unfortunately cross paths with the like of Peter Mendelis, who is egotistical, has this false "sense of grandeur", and holier than thou attitude. Clearly in his profession for the money ONLY. He would do many people a favor by retiring before making the world a WORSE place. I cannot help but wonder how many deep depressions and suicides he has contributed to with his unprofessional decisions. I'd rather see someone genuine, professional, who cares and has sympathy than waste time with this detrimental "Wizard of Oz"- oh great one! Please, gimme a break and he needs to stop being so full of himself and be the doctor he is supposed to be, which will probably never happen.

NO COMPASSION FOR HIS MENTAL HEALTH PATIENTS- MADE MY OUTLOOK WORSE
spent MONTHS trying to get an appointment. I have anxiety and depression. Sometimes the office says they are taking new patients, then other times th ...

February 3rd, 2012
Uncooperative
This so-called doctor is not interested in protecting his other patients. I contracted a sever sinus infection and was punished for calling in on the day of my previously scheduled appointment. The rude receptionist failed to relay my notification to the doctor as I requested. I told the receptionist that I had a sinus infection and was going to a nearby quick care clinic for medication. He said that it was up to the doctor wheather I would be charged for the missed appointment. I requested that he notify me that day so I could have someone drive me to the appointment. I heard nothing that day but a week later the receptionist called me and said that I owed a missed appointment charge and unless I paid it immediately the doctor would refuse to see me at my next appointment. I reminded the receptionist of my call and that I requested he call me that day of the doctors decision. The receptionist said that the "DAY HAD GOTTON AWAY FROM HIM" and neglected to notify the doctor of my call. I paid the missed appointment charge of $250 which is what the doctor charges for a lousy 15 minuits of his precious time! Upon my next appointment I related the story to the doctor and he became upset and refused to talk about it even though he is the receptionist boss. He said for me to leave his office!!!! After checking with my private physician and other physicians I found they do have a missed appointment charge but that is for those people that habitually miss appointments. Also, ALL the physician offices I called indicated that an exception is made for emergencies that their paitents experience including illness. Apparently this doctor is too greedy and not sympathic with his paitents who in good faith need to cancel an appointment. Use this doctor at your peril!!!!!!