Dr. Peter Namkoong MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2016
Not happy
My labor and delivery was such a stressful experience because the doctor was not there for the delivery. As a result, the resident ended up delivery my daughter. Apparently, Dr. Namkoong was out to lunch. Also, I hemorrhaged twice after delivery, and he never showed up for that either. Worst doctor, but the resident at St. peters was great.

December 4th, 2015
I have had a multitude of female problems since my teenage years and have seen numerous ob/gyms due to them. Dr.Namkoong is the most highly skilled doctor I have met. He is so calm & reassuring...making a stressful situation/diagnosis not seem as bad.

January 8th, 2015
Poor doctor follow up and even worse coverage
Services are on the decline at this practice. Dr. Namkoong has been negligent in following my care sufficiently (creating a practical plan, following up with urgent issues) to address my health condition which unfortunately has left me in the ER and urgent care unit several times. Medical staff covering for him, Dr. C for example is rude and non caring. Essentially told me to do what ever I want following an urgent issue that forced me to call after hours.

January 30th, 2012
Quality of Service on a significant decline
I have been a patient of Dr. Namkoong for years and at the beginning was very impressed with the service I recieved. The quality of services has been on a steady decline over the last few years. The receptionist is rude over the phone and has trouble hearing you when you speak. You are kept on hold for long periods of time (apr 10 min)for simple questions. I did not find Dr. Namkoong proactive enough in resolving issues I had post surgey. I would never recommend this practice if you have a high risk pregnancy or overly complicated gynecological issues as they simply no longer have the capacity to provide specialized and attentive medical care to patients. If you are a current patient, I would highly recommend that you are followed by a primary care physician as well, as Dr. Namkoong often struggles with treating patients in a holistic fashion.

April 18th, 2011
concerned, caring, and listens.

May 26th, 2010
Very thorough, caring and good at what he does. The nurses at Albany Medical Center all told me he is known by reputation for how well his C-Section incisions heal (I know it's kind of a weird thing to put in a review).

March 3rd, 2010
THE most professional and caring doctor I have ever met! All doctors should be like him!

July 18th, 2017