A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Newton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Newton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Newton
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Newton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Newton, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Curvatures
- Spinal Fusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Newton graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Newton has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Children's Hospital - San Diego
- Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Owen Newton MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter O. Newton practice?
- Dr. Peter Newton has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Newton practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Diego, CA.
See San Diego Surgeons.