A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Newton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Newton is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Newton, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bone Transplantation
- Femoral Fractures
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Curvatures
- Spinal Fusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Newton graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Newton has 3 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Children's Hospital - San Diego
- Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Newton accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Community Health Group - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter O. Newton practice?
Dr. Peter Newton practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Diego, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Escondido, CA.
See San Diego Surgeons.