A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Nixon:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Nixon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Nixon, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Nixon graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Nixon has 19 hospital affiliations:
- Seton Medical Center
- Daughters of Charity Children's Austin
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nixon accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 3 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter A. Nixon practice?
Dr. Peter Nixon practices Ophthalmology near Austin, TX.
Additional practice locations include: San Angelo, TX and Waco, TX.
See Austin Ophthalmologists.