Mrs. show details Mrs.
by Lana M. on Jun 8th, 2016

I found Dr. Nixon to be professional and caring, with an exceptional expertise in his field of medicine. He listened to my concerns, and he explained thoroughly the procedure and what to expect after the surgery. I would definitely recommend him to others.

Highly Recommend Dr Nixon show details Highly Recommend Dr Nixon
by Clint O on May 10th, 2016

Before meeting Dr Nixon, I heard rave reviews from other doctors and patients. He lived up to the hype. From what I've heard and experienced, he is very good at diagnosis/treatment...but is as good or better listening/explaining and empathizing. He's great...see for yourself.

Apr 26th, 2016

Dr. Nixon is awesome, caring, compassionate & attentive. I highly recommend!

by Cass on Feb 28th, 2015

I appreciate the attention to detail, explaining my problem in a way I could understand. He's very positive, encouraging, and knowledgeable.

Feb 10th, 2015

Dr. Nixon is amazing, great bedside manner. His staff is always very professional and polite.

Feb 9th, 2015

Wait times can get long but I am sure some appts. just take longer than expected.

by Joane Blindt on Feb 9th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Nixon's for two years and am very pleased with his expertise and demeanor. I have a retina condition that has improved greatly while under his care. He is an excellent physician!

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Janise Simmons on Feb 8th, 2015

I took my elderly mother to Dr. Nixon 4 years ago. She was diagnosed with macular degeneration. Dr. Nixon's care and expertise has helped my mother retain her vision and ward off the progression of the disease. He is very personable and an excellent doctor. Highly recommend his services.

Dr. Nixon is wonderful! show details Dr. Nixon is wonderful!
by Andi on Jul 7th, 2014

I truly appreciate Dr. Nixon's kind and friendly demeanor and his clear descriptions of everything that is going on with me. Although, the wait time at their office can be a bit long this is because they are committed to seeing patients on the same day. Eye issues are often very urgent and need immediate attention, I guess? His staff is wonderful and friendly and efficient. I truly appreciate that he has a medical scribe taking notes during our meeting since I believe it allows him to focus more on me as a patient. I see several doctors a week right now because of some health complications so I know a good doctor when I encounter one and Dr. Nixon and his team are great!

Calm, professional, caring! show details Calm, professional, caring!
by Robert Burns on Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Nixon has patiently worked through several issues with my eyes . I cannot think of any reason to wish I had a different doctor. He has always treated me with all of his attention, even when is office is closed. The last time I saw him with a new issue, he calmly reassured me not to worry, and that " he would do all that he could to improve my vision." And that is exactly what he was able to do.

Excellent and professional show details Excellent and professional
Oct 4th, 2012

I had the occasion to visit this doctor as a result of an apparent retinal tear. My primary ophthalmologist referred me to Austin Retina and as luck would have it, I got Dr. Nixon to review my case and provide care. I found him to be extremely caring and he put me very well at ease, considering he was going to do surgery on my only eye. I was very pleased with him.

Exceptional show details Exceptional
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Nixon is an exceptional doctor, very caring and attentive. He is one of the few that will sit and talk without making the patient feel rushed. I would highly recommend!