Ophthalmologists
801 W 38th St
Ste 200
Austin, TX 78705
512-451-0103
Locations and availability (11)

|  Dr. Nixon is wonderful!  |  show details
by Andi on Jul 7th, 2014

I truly appreciate Dr. Nixon's kind and friendly demeanor and his clear descriptions of everything that is going on with me. Although, the wait time at their office can be a bit long this is because they are committed to seeing patients on the same day. Eye issues are often very urgent and need immediate attention, I guess? His staff is wonderful and friendly and efficient. I truly appreciate that he has a medical scribe taking notes during our meeting since I believe it allows him to focus more on me as a patient. I see several doctors a week right now because of some health complications so I know a good doctor when I encounter one and Dr. Nixon and his team are great!

|  Calm, professional, caring!  |  show details
by Robert Burns on Nov 14th, 2013

Dr. Nixon has patiently worked through several issues with my eyes . I cannot think of any reason to wish I had a different doctor. He has always treated me with all of his attention, even when is office is closed. The last time I saw him with a new issue, he calmly reassured me not to worry, and that " he would do all that he could to improve my vision." And that is exactly what he was able to do.

|  Excellent and professional  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

I had the occasion to visit this doctor as a result of an apparent retinal tear. My primary ophthalmologist referred me to Austin Retina and as luck would have it, I got Dr. Nixon to review my case and provide care. I found him to be extremely caring and he put me very well at ease, considering he was going to do surgery on my only eye. I was very pleased with him.

|  Exceptional  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Nixon is an exceptional doctor, very caring and attentive. He is one of the few that will sit and talk without making the patient feel rushed. I would highly recommend!

|  a concerned mother of one of your new patients  |  show details
by evelyn@hartman.org (3/27/10) on Mar 28th, 2010

I called your office to speak with you. A Mr. George Guevarra, Med Tech spoke w/ me quite harshly because he can tell me the same things YOU can."I do not know you, Mr guevarra claims...You are not in this patient's signed release of information forma..." Your Mr Guevarra is definitely NOT compassionate..quite arrogant, I must say...I still wish to speak with you about my now visually disabled daughter's treatment plan, prognosis and other important concerns.PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP, DR. NIXON.M. EVELYN HARTMAN, MSN, RN, NP-C(408) 481-9771 SUNNYVALE, CA