Internists, Cardiologist (heart)

2001 Santa Monica Blvd
Ste 280W
Santa Monica, CA 90404
310-829-7678
Locations and availability (3)

|  Preventative & Diagnostic Care  |  show details
by Patient T on Sep 28th, 2013

I'd had a bit of tachycardia (which turned out to be caused by dehydration). But I had a full work up as I'd had clos relatives who'd died of heart disease at an earlier age than I was. He was very, very thorough. He was excellent at explaining what each test would do, and when results came in what each test had shown. He is very 'factual'. I read the other review and I think the comment on the patient chart "He was not a good historian" was not meant as a commentary on the patient's capabilities. It was meant as a caution on the chart that the particular patient interview might not have all critical details and/or patient condition at the time meant there might have been mistakes in some items. He wrote in 'Dr. shorthand' what I just wrote in very long sentence. Hope the first patient understands and rethinks taking it personally. I agree with his other doctors that it was remarkable the patient could give an interview, but I also agree that it was probably not a very medically informative one.

|  Dr. Pelikan's visit to me at St. John's Hospital--April 24, 2011  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I was admitted to St. John's Hospital on April 23, 2011. I was diagnosed with pneumonia and had great difficulty breathing. Dr. Pelikan interviewed me on April 24, 2011. I had many IV's and had great difficulty breathing. In his report, Dr. Pelikan states that I was not a particularly good historian. i take great issue with this demeaning comment. My regular doctors have all disagreed with this comment stating that in my condition at the time, he was lucky to get any answers from me at all. I will do whatever is necessary to tell everyone that I know never to see this man. His manner was unacceptable.