Dr. Peter Petratos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 22nd, 2016
Go somewhere else!!
Hands down the worst Doctor I have seen. Don't expect to visit this office and leave with much understanding of your situation because Dr. Petraros wont even give you the time of day. After having about 5 appointments there I have yet to talk to the guy for more than 3 minutes. For my situation he determined within 2 minutes that I needed to have a cyst on my lower back surgically removed. I was told it would be all healed up within 3 months. 6 months later I am still dealing with the repercussions of this surgery and even had to have a 2nd procedure done by a plastic surgeon. I do not recommend that anyone goes through with a procedure of his without getting a second opinion first.

May 9th, 2014
I had a Lateral internal sphincterotomy
I believe he is a very very good and intelligent doctor, I am glad i did this procedure the day of surgery was great and afterwards i really don't feel any pain just like he said their would be minimum to No pain, possibly the next few days after bowel movements. But i can tell you I lived with a Anal fissure for over a year and the relief i got after surgery is by for amazing for what i put up with for a whole year while still keeping busy with my day to day lifestyle. I would highly highly recommend Dr. Petratos he deserves to be who he is in this world as a doctor and from a patient stand point of few he is Great

October 10th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Petratos was wonderful to my husband. It was my husband's first surgery and Dr. P put him at ease and was very informative. All nurses were wonderful thorought...funny and sweet! Thank you Dr.:-)

April 2nd, 2011
My Savior
Dr. Petratos saved my life. he diagnosed me with an advanced cancer and expertly removed it with just a few small scars on my stomach. Not only is he compassionate and caring, he is a gifted surgeon who I highly recommend to anyone!

December 12th, 2010
Hernia Failure
Dr. Petratos was to remove an infected hernia mesh put in years before. He failed to study my case and did not notice that two pieces of mesh were used for my repair. He removed one non-infected mesh and sewed a biological mesh over the remaining infected mesh. This has resulted in almost a years worth of massive pain and infection until another surgeon realized the old mesh was left in. Surgery with Dr. Petratos was by far the worst experience of my life.

December 21st, 2009