No time for his patient show details No time for his patient
Feb 5th, 2015

After waiting 1 hour and 35 minutes, the receptionist tells me the doctor is going to lunch and to make an appointment on another day. This is after I lost a morning's wages for an appointment I made more than 6 months ago. There, in the waiting room was a drug salesman all ready to take him to lunch.

Do not trust this man show details Do not trust this man
Oct 24th, 2014

I took off from work and came for a scheduled appointment, which was made 6 months earlier as there was nothing else available, and was told to wait. After 25 minutes I was told I was late--which I was not--and to make another appointment. I shared that had been waiting in his office for 35 minutes, I was not late and, since I had waited for 6 months, could he at least look at my ear that was probably infected. He would not. He then sent me a letter, after I was his patient for 18 years, that he did not want to see me again and to find a new doctor. I went to a walk in and the ear was horribly infected.

Excellent Caring Doctor show details Excellent Caring Doctor
by A long Time Patient on Aug 29th, 2014

Because Dr. Quarles spends time with his patients. listens, and cares, the wait for your appointment may upset some patients. Not me; I would rather wait and know when Dr. Quarles sees me, I am the most important person at the moment. He is always professional, asks questions, and displays genuine concern. He is kind, gentle, and most importantly, knowledgeable.

unapologetic show details unapologetic
Mar 25th, 2013

It's not about you. It's about checking off the little boxes on his chart. Your problem not an easy fix? Too bad. If my blood pressure weren't high to begin with, waiting for 50 minutes to see him and getting no apology was enough to do it. Maybe he's hoping you'll spend the time reading the soppy religious messages on his wall and that divine intervention will cure what he, clearly, cannot.

BEST INTERNIST IN SARASOTA!!! show details BEST INTERNIST IN SARASOTA!!!
by James M on Nov 6th, 2012

KIND CARING AND COMPASSIONATE. DR QUARLES SAVED MY LIFE SEVERAL TIMES. GREAT DOCTOR GREAT MAN....WOULD RECOMMEND HIM HIGHLY, HE IS WORTH WAITING FOR.

Good Doc show details Good Doc
Aug 4th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Quarles for a few years now. He is knowledgable, caring, and well informed. I would recommend him to anyone.

Jan 25th, 2012

This doctor has no respect and compassion for the elderly patients. He took my adopted grand mother off coumadin which resulted in her death.we had to wait one hour to see him.

Dr. Peter Quarles is awesome show details Dr. Peter Quarles is awesome
by R J on May 2nd, 2010

Dr. Quarles is an awesome family doctor. He diagnosed a rare problem which my husband had many years ago. If it had not been for Dr. Quarles accurate diagnosis my husband would probably be crippled today. Also, 1 out of 10 people die wih the condition my husband had and my husband is fine thanks to Dr. Quarles. I myself am now dealing with a rare medical condition and Dr. Quarles gave his diagnosis which I feel is correct and he has referred me to the right people to help me. Dr. Quarles knows a lot about many medical conditions. He is always caring, spends time with me, answers all my questions and has a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

He listens show details He listens
Nov 19th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Quarles for many years. Whenever I have had a health problem needing immediate attention, I was seen that day.He is bright, caring and no matter how packed his schedule is I never feel like I am being rushed. He listens and is respectful of my opinion.

Dr Quarles is Excellent but his office staff is not show details Dr Quarles is Excellent but his office staff is not
Apr 15th, 2009

Having delt with other Inter Coastal Med Group offices, I've found the Doctors to be good, the office staff pathetic and InterCostal's business practices deliberatly deceptive. If it wasn't for Dr Q, I'd have been gone years ago.

Great Doctor; poor office staff show details Great Doctor; poor office staff
Oct 27th, 2008

Dr. Quarles is a terrific doctor. The office staff is often rude, condensending and tries to make it impossible to speak with anyone about anything without an appointment--which might take two weeks to get. I was so frustrated once that I went to a walk-in because I could not get an appointment. I had phnemonia.