Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Dr Catalano saved my life show details Dr Catalano saved my life
by Sheila Hochberg on Feb 25th, 2015

16 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis C, which at the time, was pretty much a death sentence. The treatments available at the time were almost worse than the disease. Dr. Catalano supported my decision to forego the treatments that were available then, and suggested I take really good care of myself, stop drinking alcohol, etc. He also suggested that I always maintain the best health insurance I could afford, as someday, there would be a cure or better treatment options. He ordered yearly tests to stay on top of my condition, and was always super supportive. I don't live in Arizona any more, but continued to follow his advice, and just learned today that I will be receiving the new Hep C treatment that is available in pill form. Because my health is overall very good, it will only be 8 weeks of treatment. I credit Dr Catalano's advice on staying healthy and maintaining good health insurance as factors that saved my life. I have never had another doctor who seemed to really know me, and care so much. I am very grateful to have had him as my doctor.

Good doctor, poor staff show details Good doctor, poor staff
Feb 11th, 2015

Dr. Catalano is a caring, thorough physician. He allows patients to be involed in their own diagnosis and treatment. His office staff is not very friendly or efficient. I have often had to request referrals, paperwork or prescription renewals to be sent more than once. They either blame me or the doctor fortheir error.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Dr. Catalano needs to hire new staff. His nurse was rude, telling my father that she could not test him for a UTI, etc. Dr. Catalano did not address my father, but instead treated him as if he were mentally retarted. He is only hard of hearing. They refused to see him alone, allowing myself to wait elsewhere and be available by phone. They did not accomodate my disability but insisted I be present, waiting in a small bucket chair until the doctor could see us. Both my father and I would not recommend this doctor.

Excellent Primary Doctor show details Excellent Primary Doctor
May 31st, 2011

Dr. Catalano has been my primary care Dr. for nearly 20 years and has guided my treatment through numerous very serious illnesses. He is very caring and treats you as an individual not just another case. He does not hesitate to order appropriate tests, specialists and medications. I view him not only as my family Dr. but as the director of my health care. His office staff are a reflection of his caring attitude.