Dr. Peter Ramirez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 31st, 2013
Excellent Psychiatrist
Dr. Ramirez listens to his patients. He works with the patients, finding solutions to best serve their mental health needs.

April 11th, 2013
Office manager is horrible
I love dr Ramirez but his office manager wife is horrible. She is rude and nasty. I missed an appointment because I was hospitalized in an emergency and my husband called to tell her I was in the hospital before the scheduled appointment. On my next visit, she charged me for a missed appointment! She said patients are charged no matter why they missed the appointment! I've never encountered this in the medical profession before or since!!

January 5th, 2012
Dr. Ramirez was quite nice, but one of his staff members (who took the initial payment) was extremely rude. Her comments were sarcastic and condescending. We chose to find someone else, not because of him, but the rudeness of the staff.

September 29th, 2010
Not the warm and fuzzy kind of guy. Seen him just once so far to help fine tune meds on the recommendation of my G.P. The jury is still out for me......

April 21st, 2010
Cold and Abrupt
I have seen Dr. Ramirez for two years, and have been ready to fire him four times. This is the final time. He lacks compassion and has horrendous communication skills. His office staff is rude and abrasive. It's no wonder his private practice is collapsing.

May 25th, 2009
getting your head back in the game
My family Dr sent me to him via the mental health unit, after I did not respond as outpatient. We met for the first time the following morning. This man has watched the stressors in my life that were not controllable. He has been there when I had times I was unable to work and function. He has been there for the positive times, and most of all the horrible times.He is very knowledgeable, educates his patients, and genuinely cares. He opened up my world a few months ago to make life changes that would begin to change my life for the better.I travel about 35 miles one way after he left the Middletown area (definately our loss of a very competent Psychiatrist.) I only have 2 Dr's that I would trust them with my life, and he is truly one of them. The office is run by his wife, who is a Psychiatric Nurse and the compassion, knowledge, and genuine caring of the patients truly eminates from her.