Dr. Peter Rao MD Patient Reviews

August 25th, 2016
Awesome
Awesome

May 14th, 2015
Pill mill doctor right here! Doesn't care about helping anyone just likes the money coming in and having you set up multiple appointments to get that money then discharges you with no notice. Could care less if you actually need meds and overdosed me on what he prescribed.

February 2nd, 2015
b
He is good for suboxone patients with co-exisisting mental illness. Although he is a very good doctor and good at his job, I personally always had a hard time feeling comfortable talking to him and so just going to my appointments caused lots of anxiety. That is not all Dr. Rao's fault that I experienced anxiety just from going to my appointments with him but he should have noticed my anxiety (which he did to a degree) because it is very noticeable when I'm anxious

January 6th, 2015
UnCaring Lazy Money Hungry Crook!
I was a patient of Dr.Rao for months. His office scheduled me quickly, my visits were efficient & I was able to return to work in a timely manner. I was satisfied: AT FIRST! My insurance company notified me that they no longer would pay for my suboxene prescriptions. I very CLEARLY told Dr.Rao & his office staff that I could no longer see him because I couldnt afford suboxene anymore. They encouraged me to come in for a visit & Dr.Rao would put me on subutex. After paying $250.00 for a visit Dr.Rao Refused to prescribe me subutex! Even though he was well aware that I was not paying for a visit unless he was going to put me on meds my insurance would pay for (subutex) He never had intentions of changing my medicine, he just wanted the money! After an entire day of no one returning my calls, & NO meds, Dr.Rao Finally called me: he was VERY RUDE & hung up in my face! This man does Not care about anyone's well being but his own! Isnt it illegal to take a patients money & reuse to help them?!

July 30th, 2013
Just a number
Friday after realizing that Dr Rao shorted me a month of meds and I wouldn't have enough to get me to my next appointment i called a scrpit in and waited all weekend with no meds, called to see if they were ready to pick up Monday at noon just to find out that Rao never called it in, so I called the office today to see why. I ended finding out that Rao would be out of town till the following Week, now I am at complete lost on what to do without my meds for over a week. I have wife and children at home that need me but finding it hard to be there. Thanks Rao! Hope your vacation was worth it! How many others are dealing with the same issue? Best luck with controlling your mental health without your meds.

August 9th, 2010
I appreciated Dr. Rao being able to schedule me so quickly when I called for an appointment. I was very disatisfied with his lack of response when I need a medication refill. I called his office and left messages over the course of two weeks. Only one time did the assistant answer the phone and speak with me. She indicated that Dr. Rao would be calling me directly. I never heard from him.