Dr. Peter Rapoza MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Boston, MA

August 9th, 2014
Great Doctor
I am shocked by the bad reviews - I have been a patient of Dr. Rapoza's since 2000 and think he is exceptionally gifted. I had Lasik in 2000 and I was extremely near sighted since birth and his surgery gave me 20/15 in both eyes. Additionally, he performed cataracts surgery on my elderly Mother and she had perfect vision and no complications after. I think he has a very pleasant manner and goes above and beyond to help his patients. I also really love his incredibly nice assistant Melissa. I see them yearly for other eye related issues stemming from my general health and I have never had a bad experience. There can be a bit of a wait at times because the practice is popular and Dr.Rapoza is in demand. I trust and recommend Dr.Rapoza!

July 10th, 2014
Dr. Rapoza helped save my elderly mother's eye sight and has given her her life back. She had constant pain in one eye and even asked a previous doctor to please remove her eye in order to get some relief. Then we went to see Dr. Rapoza, he was respectful and was able to treat my mother so that the pain was gone and her eye sight recovered enough to see more clearly and NO PAIN. Thank you for caring when no one else did. Brilliant!

July 6th, 2014
I had LASIK surgery by Dr. Peter Raposa in 2006. I was very near sighted (5.5 diopters in one eye, 6 with astigmatism in the other). My vision was still a little blurry in one eye after the surgery. When I mentioned this during a follow up, he got offended and said there was nothing wrong with my vision (it's about 20-40 in my bad eye). He did not give me the 'look into the machine at the plane' test. He did not even have me look through different lenses to see if they would help my bad eye. My bad eye is very frustrating because I notice it all the time. I'll probably get a contact lens to wear for my one 'bad eye' that Dr. Raposa did not fix completely and refused to acknowledge. I would not go to him again because I don't trust him and he never offered any suggestions to fix the problem, such as a contact lens. I recently went to another eye doctor, who was shocked to see how bad a job he did. I also once again wear glasses, which Dr. Rapoza refused to let me try after the surgery.

September 21st, 2013
Aptient
I went to see Dr. Peter A. Rapoza, MD at OCB in Boston and it was an awful experience. To summarize, when I walked into his office after 1h+ of waiting, I asked him courteously "How are you?". He looked at my folder and said with a face and tone of disgust "Much better than you I can say". Please understand that I had never seen or spoken to that horrible person before. I was so flabbergasted that I did not say anything to him. I wish I could have walked out of his office but he was the only one available to see me for my urgently deteriorating eye condition. After that horrible initial encounter, he was very pushy, did not listen to what I was saying, was ordering his assistant around asking her to do a series of tests, and seemed frustrated at answering any of my questions that I really wanted to understand. I left very upset from his encounter and told my general practitioner who had referred me to him about it and he said "I know that he would treat you like this. He is a horrible human being but an acceptable doctor. He was just the only one who would see you on short notice.". Please run the opposite direction from this horrible human being if you ever see him.

March 19th, 2011
He is the best at what he does. Nobody is better. I love him he is great.