Dr. Peter Rizzo Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Peter Rizzo?

Excellent doctor

Posted on October 24th, 2016

Great physician

Posted on December 7th, 2015

Dr. Rizzo is excellent. He has helped me and my family on numerous occasions for a multitude of sports related injuries. I highly recommend Dr. Rizzo and will always use him as my family's go to Physician.

Posted on June 1st, 2015

I had a very complicated tibial fracture that Dr Rizzo surgically repaired. He has been extremely responsive to my needs,and has a lovely bedside manner

Abandonment of Patient

Posted on April 22nd, 2015

Waited 3 weeks for appointment ( even though already established patient) for swelling and significant pain in knee ( acute problem) doctor rizzo walked out on me at appointment time bc he had "a meeting. " abandoned me on the spot. Staff and doctor very dismissive. Would not recommend or let him perform surgery on me. His needs come before the patients.

Rude and obnoxious

Posted on June 28th, 2013

I am totally disgusted by the treatment that My 13 year old son received from Dr. Rizzo. After being kept waiting in his office for an hour and a half, Dr. Rizzo decided to leave it up to a 13 year old as to whether the cast on his broken wrist should come off or not. He then did not even explain to my son what he was about to do and came at him with the saw. Of course my son was nervous and asked him to be careful and he told my son that he was rude. He then just put an ace bandage on his wrist after he said he would be wearing a splint. I had to go out and buy my own splint. We will not be returning to this sorry excuse for a doctor. He has absolutely no idea how to work with children and from the other reviews that I had read, it doesn't seem like he knows how to work with adults either.

Posted on February 24th, 2013

Dr. Rizzo is not a board certified orthopedic surgeon.The group he is part of Lawerence medical associates leads you to believe that he is. if you read the lawerence medical assoc site carefully it says he is board eligible ? from what i can surmise this means that he has not passed his board certification requirements for orthopedic surgery. in my opinion always go to a board certified doctor. If i had to pass a state test to get and keep my job why doesn't he ?

Posted on October 15th, 2012

I would not recommend going to this Dr. He barely asked my about my problem, never did a physical exam on me. He just handed me a prescription for a MRI. I have been waiting a month for the authorization to get my MRI. After numerous calls to his office, the secretary told me that she is waiting for his notes to call the insurance company for the authorization. I asked her how long does it take for her to get the notes, she answer "Oh a very long time". I am now making an appointment with another Dr. to get my problem address. I would not go to this Dr.

Won't return phone calls

Posted on June 28th, 2012

If he can't make money off of doing surgery he refuses to call you back. I had to actually go the radiologist myself to check my report because he refused to return phone calls. Turns out the report was good. But I called his office three times to find out the results no response. Terrible Doctor. Will never recommend him.

Posted on March 30th, 2012

Dr. Rizzo treated my knee. The first Dr. I saw told me I should have a knew scope. Dr. Rizzo treated me more conservatively with anti inflammatories and physical therapy. My pain went away and I am fine. He didn't sell me unnecessary surgery!

Posted on November 11th, 2011

Terrible experience, I had a baker's cyst in my legg and his diagnosis was that he will not drain it or remove it. That it will probably burst. Then I wanted my xrays so that I can go to another doctor for a 2nd opinion and I was told I have to pay for copies of MY XRAYS. I had already paid a 20.00 co-pay and my insurance also pay. This is double billing.

Posted on September 28th, 2011

Almost impossible to reach on the phone - does not return calls -- would not recommend to any one. I've already seen him 3 times so this is not a 1 time assessment.

Posted on August 26th, 2011

Should not treat children. Very rude and impatient to children.