Dr. Peter Nelson MD Patient Reviews

June 27th, 2016
No Longer A Patient
Dr. Nelson was a very nice Dr. I just felt he was not thorough in his exam and always in a hurry. The problem I did have was not fixed and I had to go elsewhere to get it done right. Overall experience for me was not very good.

March 28th, 2016
Nelson
I love Dr. Nelson along with his staff. First of all, I think the longest I have ever waited in his office to be seen was 5 minutes. His nurses are so friendly, and Dr. Nelson is always to the point. Listens to what I have to say, and answers all my questions. I've never liked a doctor who just wants to chit chat or make small talk, Nelson is to the point. Im usually out of the office within 20 mins. I have been going to him the last 3 years. I recommend him to everyone. Everyone complains about trying to get an appoint, but theres a wait for any "new patient." I waited a couple months but after that I have had no problem what so ever scheduling one. I tell them what day and time I want and thats all there is to it.

March 11th, 2016
Very good doctor !

May 14th, 2015
This doctor works from 8:30 -11:30 and 1:00 to 3:00. I'm told scheduling appointments is difficult because there are not enough dermatologists, but working 5 hours a day may be a better explaination.this is common in Beaumont. His associate Marchand only works mornings and is frequently on leave. Getting appointments is ridiculous. New patient appointments are the same amount of time, yet they are scheduled out 2-3 months out. Getting an appointment while established is 1 month out.

May 7th, 2015
Excellent experience. Staff and Dr. Nelson very courteous. No wait time at all. I was able to get an appt within 2 weeks (other derm dr was 3 mos). Highly recommend this practice.

July 26th, 2014
Did not touch me!
This doctor wasn't interested in treating me. Never touched me. I wanted him to examine my face for skin cancer. The visit was 5 minutes. Never again will I see him.

January 29th, 2014
Best in Town.
I have been to several doctors with an ongoing skin issue. Dr. Nelson has been most helpful with this issue. Dr. Nelson also identified an issue to which I was unaware and referred me to a specialist. The specialist pinpointed and corrected a problem that was potential life threatening and this has turned my life around. I would (and have) recommended Dr. Nelson to all.

October 2nd, 2012
This doctor did not do a thorough exam. Friends tell me their dermatologist does a head to toe examination for skin problems and signs of skin cancerous/precancerous areas. This doctor did not examine me at all. Had I not talked to friends I would not have known how a real visit should have been.