Orthopedic Surgeons

1580 Creekside Dr
Ste 100
Folsom, CA 95630
916-984-4500
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Phenomenal Orthopedist - surrounded by a great team of competent, compassionate colleagues and staff  |  show details
by Stephanie C on Nov 25th, 2013

I can't say enough about Dr Sfakianos.... From the moment I met he and his staff, I was put at ease. My case is complex. In 1993, I was the victim of an assault by several teens while working @ a residential treatment facility - among the many injuries sustained, I suffered a left tibial plateau fracture w tibia extension. After years of an uneven gait, lack of strength to the left side and multiple falls from the left knee giving out and a dx of 4 limb RSD/CRPS (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy or Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome), the right ACL eventually tore. Last year (2012), Dr. Sfakianos performed surgery on the left knee. (I hadn't had surgery on that knee since 1994, and the pain I endured with that surgery was unbearable. Needless to say, I was terrified of another surgery.) Not the case with Dr S and the surgery he performed! I awoke from surgery, and the months after in rehab - with minimal (and very manageable) pain. Pain relief to that knee was immediate. And, following all post-op therapies, Dr. Sfakianos performed a series of 3 (those, too, nearly painless) Euflexxa injections to provide synthetic synovial fluid into the left knee. I have experienced great results. We are moving forward to surgically repair the right ACL. I am ready - no worries! Dr. Sfakianos goes the extra mile to inform you of all the options ahead of you and his staff are fully informed. For the first time in 20 yrs I am feeling wonderful about my prognosis. It takes two to create a successful outcome - a skilled, competent, confident, caring physician and a patient who is willing, motivated and actively participates in her/his treatment plan - - we have that recipe for success. Thank you Dr Sfakianos and your entire Folsom faimily (team). ~Stephanie

|  Excellent doc  |  show details
by George on Aug 20th, 2013

I have had bad knees all my life and multiple surgeries. I've been treated by many doctors. Dr. Sfakianos is the best. He has helped me so much, it is incredible. Eventually, I will have to have them replaced. He is trying to help me put that off as far as possible by minimizing the pain in the meantime. I really like his approach.

May 16th, 2013

Dr Sfakianos has a wonderful, friendly bedside manner. However when you have a 10 am apt and you see him come in from the parking lot at 10:30, there is a suggestion of not caring about the patients time. His office staff is TERRIBLE with follow through. They don't seem to be able to get anything done in a timely manner. So it doesn't help when the Doc is great and you can't get any service from the staff. Kind of 0's out.

Mar 22nd, 2012

Dr. Sfakianos is an amazing and caring doctor. He spent quality time with me and was helpful in answering all my questions.

|  I'm surprised by these reviews  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2010

I saw Dr. Sfakianos regarding my knee and I thought the experience was great. I didn't find the wait times to be too long, his staff were great and I was happy with everything. Between the office visits and the knee surgery I had, I couldn't be more pleased.It's been two years since I've been to the office but I will still recommend him.

Feb 7th, 2005 on yahoo.com

I'm not sure why he doesn't want to help: My mother fell on her ankle on 2001. She was taken to Sutter General in Sacramento and there she was introduced to Dr. Sfakianos. She had a surgery from this doctor, he put in either screws or a metal rod, I'm not

Read Full Review at yahoo.com