Dr. Peter Shapiro MD Patient Reviews

3.9

October 31st, 2015
No ethics
Office staff was polite, too bad they work with or for this doctor. He spent 11 minutes with me total. I know because I set a timer. He did not listen to all of my symptoms before spouting off that the doctors I had seen prior probably misdiagnosed my problem and I just needed to learn to deal with the symptoms and pain I was having! Stating he would give me a script to try to ease my "self inflicted discomfort". After he rushed me out the door almost chuckling about my pain, I went to see my pharmacist who did not understand the script. It was written for HS and BID which for those who don't know what that means, HS stands for at bedtime and BID stands for twice a day, so which is it? More importantly in the warnings for this medication it specifically states not to use it the way this doctor instructed me to use it. My pharmacist suggested I get a second opinion! I had to wait weeks in pain to get into this quack now having to find another ENT just sickens me!

November 29th, 2013
Dr. Shapiro has seen all of my family members for a variety of issues. He is always very pleasant, professional, and thorough. He removed my daughters tonsils this summer after she had an uncomfortable semester at college. The surgery went beautifully, as did her recovery! We would recommend Dr. Shapiro to anyone looking for an exceptional ENT.

July 15th, 2013
terrible Dr.
I went to see this Dr. After having kidney cancer because a lump came up right under my jaw. He came in the room felt the lump said its nothing to worry about kind of giggled at my concern and said its probably a swollen gland. He spent maybe a totally of five minutes with me. Well to make a long story short I ended up going to a different Dr. And guess what its cancer. I would not go to this man for my medical needs. Apparently he doesn't know the difference nor care to find out the difference between a swollen gland and a tumor.

August 12th, 2011
Would Reccomend
Dr. Shapiro removed my sons tonsils and adnoids in 2008. He also placed a set of tubes. He did a great job. The surgery went well and my son has had no problems since. He use to be sick constantly and now I think he has had one cold in the last 3 years and that is it. It is easy to get an appointment and the wait time was fast! Children's Mercy was going to take months to see hime and then a few more months to schedule his surgery. There was very little wait with Dr. Shapiro. We will use him again in the future.