A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Sharkey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Sharkey is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Femoral Fractures
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Length Inequality
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
- Prosthesis Failure
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sharkey graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 8 awards.
Dr. Sharkey has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Riddle Memorial Hospital
- Nazareth Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sharkey accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter F. Sharkey practice?
Dr. Peter Sharkey practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Media, PA and King Of Prussia, PA.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.