A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Sharkey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Sharkey is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sharkey
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Sharkey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Sharkey, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Broken Bones (Bone Fractures)
- Femoral Fractures
- Fracture Fixation
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Injuries
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Length Inequality
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
- Prosthesis Failure
- Prosthesis-Related Infections
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Sharkey graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Sharkey has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Suburban Hospital
- Nazareth Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Francis Sharkey MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 28 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Peter F. Sharkey practice?
- Dr. Peter Sharkey has 2 office locations.
Dr. Peter Sharkey practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Marlton, NJ.
See Philadelphia Orthopedic Surgeons.