Dr. Peter Sharkey MD Patient Reviews

• 15 reviews

October 26th, 2016
Disappoinemt
Years ago dr sharkey gave grest care. Now patients are just a number. This saddens our family greatly. I would not recommend.
Doctor's Response

Dear Jen, We are so disappointed to hear you feel this way and would love to discuss your concerns further. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

May 31st, 2016
Excellent Doctor
I turned 50 years old and was told I needed a total knee replacement. The decisions did not come easy. I was scared to death of the surgery. I had 3 opinions and by far Dr. Sharkey and his staff were the best. Dr. Sharkey and his staff made me feel so at ease during the whole process. Yes, the first week after surgery was very difficult to say the least but I am 6 months post op and have never felt better. This time last year I could barely walk. If you listen to your doctor and take care of yourself you will get through it! The surgery will be a distant memory. I thought Dr. Sharkey had a wonderful bedside manner, very smart and a all around gentlemen. I highly recommend him! Also I had a great experience at the Royersford Surgical Center, wonderful nurses!

May 17th, 2016
Excellent Doctor patients are his first concern
Dr. Sharkey is very attentive and thorough. I have seen him on and off over the last few years and have found him to be very genuine and caring. He also tells you what you need to here and is very thorough assuring there isn't another underlying issue.

April 12th, 2016
Top notch doctor
I'm 5 years post left hip replacement. I don't even know what hip he replaced! I walk, run (on grass), play racquetball (not aggressively) and can walk 18 holes without issue. I did come in as an 'in shape' patient so it was easier. But, the op was a complete success.

March 6th, 2016
Best experience ever
I guess I wasn't looking for someone to hold my hand. I don't believe stellar surgeons have the bandwidth. I was looking for a pain free life, where I am able to do all the sports I liked and missed. I was looking for the best of the best and I definitely found it at Roman. From Dr. Sharkey to nurses, their facilities and processes, my hip replacement was down to a precise science. I like that. I felt confident that things would go well and I was in the best care possible. I am one week into my recovery, and as expected, things are moving along nicely. I do not experience any difficulties getting ahold of staff at Roman either. Perhaps through these reviews, that has been corrected. I did meet with the office manager at Media PA. He was, hands down, the best I have ever seen and always looking for ways to improve the office. He honestly should give a seminar as I haven't had since a positive experience elsewhere at dr offices for my children, quite frankly. They know what they are doing. For those whom did not have a positive experience, I am very sorry and hopeful that you were able to get the help you need.

December 2nd, 2015
horrible job on mom knee replacement
My mom had a knee replacement done by Dr Sharkey and had been going through excruciating pain ever since. He told her the knee was one kind and now he is saying its another. They are also talking about having to go back in her knee. Do y'all know of a better surgeon for a second opinion
Doctor's Response

Dear Concerned Daughter, I sincerely apologize for your mother's experience. I'd love the opportunity to speak with you to gain further detail and guide her with next steps. Please call me directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Lauren DeRitis Rothman Institute

November 19th, 2015
Bad experience for me
My knee replacement with Dr. Sharkey has been the worst experience in my life. They send you home within 24 hours, no follow up, and a computer app to use for therapy. My knee recovery was bad from day one and there was no human to follow up with. I'm now 5 months post op with scar tissue prohibiting movement. I was not told that I had a 3 month window of success for a manipulation. He agreed this was a failed operation. Gee, thanks.
Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, We would love the opportunity to discuss your experience further as this translates into a major opportunity for improvement on our part. If interested in discussing further, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

August 23rd, 2014
Compassionate Surgeon
I waited for years to have my right knee replaced because I was really very afraid of this surgery. I had four spinal surgeries, but TKR (total knee replacement), I found frightening. My pain management doc explained that my knee was starting to curve to the outside and I was limited in time for a good outcome with this surgery. I made an appointment with Dr. Sharkey and he put my mind at ease immediately with his caring bedside manner. I had no problems after surgery and have to say that all the worrying was for nothing. The surgery was not very painful and the recuperation was a breeze. I have no regrets and am so thankful to Dr. Sharkey! He is a great surgeon! For those that expect their surgeons to spend long periods of time with them after surgery...there are very few surgeons that have that kind of time, but I had my surgery done at their new surgery center in Royersford, PA and I saw the docs everyday while there. The personalized care I received while there was amazing!

February 24th, 2014
Hip Replacement at Riddle center.
I am sure Dr Sharkey has gained a great reputation over the years, which is why I chose him. However in all my appointments he only met me on my 1st evaluation and that was after a 3 hour wait and the 6th month follow up after my surgery. In the hospital he visited my room once with 5 interns with him and the visit was less than 5 minutes. The outside of my thigh remains numb to the touch from my knee almost to my hip even after four years from surgery. With Rothman you are a number. It is the nurses who are excellent and caring.

November 1st, 2013
ms
Look no further! I am a 58 yo who has worn my hips out from over 50 years of Dancing. This was the most comfortable surgery I have ever experienced. I have total Respect and Confidence in Dr Sharkey and his surgical team. Cutting edge technology. I can't say enough except that I am pretty sure that He walks on Water too! Thank You So Much Dr Sharkey :)

August 19th, 2012
Excellent
i was in such pain that Dr. Sharkey made a special effort to work me into his busy schedule. I had my left knee replaced two weeks later. One month after the left knee was replaced I had Dr Sharkey replace my right knee. I had problems with my hospital bill because of lack of communication between the insurance company and the hospital. After telling Dr. Sharkey the problem, he called and the problem was solved. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs knee replacements. He is always on the list for Top Docs of Philly. I now know why!

February 27th, 2012
10 years now on same set of hips
Dr Peter Sharkey replaced both of my hips in 2001 and I still regard him as a caring high quality professional. This guy gave me my life back. There aren't many day that I don't think of him. He's my personal hero. I still to this day have no problems with my hips and I do everything a lively 55 year old should be able to do.