Dr. Peter Shedden MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Spring, TX

3.6

October 31st, 2016
success by operation by Dr. Peter M Shedden, MD
Excellent Doctor, quick diagnosis, excellent surgery and doing great now

September 13th, 2016
Not a care provider
No follow up. When I had a problem after surgery they referred me to the emergency room. Would not call me or see me for at least 2 weeks. I'm beginning to think he made a mistake in the surgery since he and his staff refuse to talk to me.

January 28th, 2014
Simply a great man
Dr Sheddon performed a brain surgery on my wife and followed this with gamma knife surgery on an optical nerve. His skills, bedside manners and his follow up have been exemplary. After a football accident and a visit to ER for my son I had Dr Sheddon do a review of the MRI slides. He found a complete misdiagnosis from the ER and identified a genetic c spine disorder which would likely have ended in paralysis if my son had continued to play.

March 18th, 2013
There are other better doctors in the area
Staff is curt and acts put out that you show up for your appointment. Once we finally got to see Dr. Shedden it was fine (although we felt like he kind of shuffled us out of there quickly), but the rude staff combined with the long wait wasn't a great first impression. He recommended cervical surgery for my father, but for some reason we left feeling uncomfortable with his diagnosis. We went to another neurosurgeon and decided to go with his recommendation instead (we spoke to a few nurses that recommended us to him).

July 9th, 2012
Wait tim
Have waited up to three hours to get in to see Dr. Shedden on more than one occassion.

May 31st, 2012
Dr. Shedden's bizarre outburst.
I went with my father to see Dr. Shedden. We waited for over 2 hours. The front staff was curt at best.When the PA finally came into our patient room, we mention the wait. She became very defensive, stating that Dr. Shedden had been in surgery since 6 a.m. This is understandable. However, it would have been appreciated if someone had let us know that the Dr. was running late.Eventually we spoke with Dr. Shedden. It was truly bizarre. My father remained calm as he mentioned the wait and the inconvenience, but Dr. Shedden became angry and aggressive. He was extremely rude to both my father and I, before he told us to get out of his office.Obviously, we didn't reschedule the appointment.

July 26th, 2011
A new outlook on life
Dr. Peter Shedden performed lumbar surgery on me about 5 years ago. prior to the surgery I was unable to walk for more that 20 minutes before I felt as if my legs were going out from under me. My family doctor did an MRI scan on me and recommeded that I see Dr. Peter Shedden. I went to his office and was scheduled for surgery within 1 weeks time. I am now able to walk a great distance and I can enjoy my new life with my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I am able to take family vacations to Disney Land and I can walk with my family and enjoy the enthusiasm they share. Thank you so much for giving me back a more productive life. I will be forever greatful.

October 25th, 2010
best of the best
Dr. Shedden performed my 2nd neck surgery. The first surgeon totally missed the bone spur at C4 that was causing my left hand to go numb. Dr. Shedden has a wonderful bedside manner and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a top-notch surgeon.

July 12th, 2010
Thank God for Dr. Shedden
My 19 yr old daughter had a very rare brain aneursym(a reoccurance of one she had 4 yrs earlier).It was above the brain stem and between the left and right.He saved her life and even stayed with her in post surgery.I looked him up hoping he was still helping others.

January 24th, 2010
I once considered him the best!
For the sake of prospective patients (health, and safety), I truly wish I could comment in greater detail at this time, however, professional advise (non medical) suggested I wait.

November 22nd, 2009
Spinal Surgery
Excellent diagnosis, excellent surgeon, I am doing great three years after the operation

October 3rd, 2009
DR Shedden is an excellent surgeon. It is so ironic how many people, DR's, techs, patients I have met of his all saying he was the best and they only heard great things- he has the best results out of any surgeon in Houston. Dr Shedden did my sugery and I feel 100% healed/ wish I met him along time ago- other surgeons I shopped before the surgery were not as knowledgable- DR Shedden informed me my spinal cord was not protected. I was also having heart problems because the pain was so severe- he fit me in asap to take care of me. years of pain GONE my quality of life is so much better- I enjoy everyday 100% instead of all the past misery- that is no longer a part of my life. God really gifted this man to help others.