A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Shields:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Shields, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Blood Disorders
- Breast Cancer
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Mouth Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Shields graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Shields has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Georgetown University Hospital
- Georgetown University
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Gary Shields MD is a male Oncologist , has 27 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Peter G. Shields practice?
- Dr. Peter Shields has 3 office locations.
Dr. Peter Shields practices Medical Oncology near Columbus, OH.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC.
See Columbus Oncologists.