Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Disappointment of a fellow service member show details Disappointment of a fellow service member
Mar 6th, 2016

Went to the Baptist Medical Center to see this doctor. The office was crowded and the wait is ridiculous! My son's appointment was at 9:00 am but wasn't seen until 11:15. First, he arrived late to his office and rushed to get the first 2 patients, which my son was one. Quickly prescribed eye medication and rushed us out to get a follow-up. My son suffers from coloboma, weak muscles in the eyes, due to his premature delivery, among other visual diagnosis that was disclosed to him prior to my son's appointment. The his staff was just clueless and wasn't so apologetic. With all his experiences I seen on his office walls, the ones that stood out was the military medical credentials. I served my county for 13 years and was very disappointed to know a fellow former service member runs his office in such a unprofessional way. I felt I was reliving my basic training chow hall line up....Hurry up and wait.

If I knew then what I now know. show details If I knew then what I now know.
Jul 31st, 2015

An overall poor experience! He visits the Universal City location once a week, so be prepared for a hot and a severely overcrowded waiting room. My son and I had an early morning appointment (9:45), but it took well more than an hour for us to see Dr. Speicher due to the sheer numbers of people on his appointment book (Thus the over crowded office). I was also displeased by the amount of antiquated eye exam equipment that he used to look at my son's eyes and was surprised with his overall agitated professional disposition. I will never go back to this doctor! I read the extremely limited (but positive) online reviews. What I can say after visiting is that he is not as specialized for young children as they say and seems more interested in the volume of geriatric medicaid patients that filled his waiting room.

If I knew then what I now know. show details If I knew then what I now know.
Jul 31st, 2015