A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Steinherz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Steinherz is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Steinherz, MD is board certified in Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
- Genetic Translocation
- Heart Diseases
- Hodgkin Disease
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Wilms Tumor
Education & Awards
Dr. Steinherz graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Steinherz has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hospital For Cancer And Allied Diseases
- New York Presbyterian HospitalNew York Weill Cornell Center