Dr. Peter Swarr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 12 reviews

December 18th, 2016
A doctor that listens!
Dr. Swarr is by far one of the best primary doctors I have found. He listens to what you tell him and works hard to find the best way to help you feel better. He has a wonderful bedside manner as well as being knowledge. So grateful to have found him!

September 28th, 2016
Fantastic Doctor, Fantastic Practice
Too often in today's environment, I've felt felt rushed and like the doctors and staff aren't paying attention to me. That is not the case here at all. Dr. Swarr is just a terrific physician. More than anything, he listens and he pays attention. He is thorough, but not overly so and I feel extremely confident in his diagnoses.

September 22nd, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Swarr for approximately 11 years. Dr. Swarr has an excellent bedside manner. He is very thorough with his evaluation. He spends time with me explaining medical terms and diagnosis, which I value. His smile always brightens my day and puts me at ease.

August 22nd, 2016
New patient
I imagine he is a great Pediatrician, but he seemed to talk to me as if I were a child. I came to Nashville and was looking for a new Internist. He was on my insurance plan. It took almost 5 months to make an appointment. I have found someone I like much better and in the same area, and she treats me as the adult I am.

March 28th, 2016
He is a caring physician and addresses your concerns.

November 4th, 2015
Highly recommended
I have been a patient of Dr. Swarr for over 12 years. Every regular checkup, physical and periodic walk-in has yielded positive results. He is sincere ...

November 4th, 2015
A great practice with caring Physicians. Peter Swarr has been my physician since 2007 and is an excellent and knowledgable doctor who will make you feel comfortable and well cared for.

October 8th, 2015
No show
Physician was a no show for an appointment that was scheduled for 8 months. Staff unable to explain his absence. Find a different physician, one that ...

October 8th, 2015
No Show
Unprofessional. Failed to show for an appointment that was scheduled 8 months in advance. Staff was very embarrassed as they attempted to make excuses for his absence, but were ultimately unable to explain his absence. Find a different physician. One that cares about his patients and his business.

October 31st, 2012
I have been seeing Dr. Swarr for nearly three years. He is a wonderful efficient and practical doctor who has an incredible support team focused on the quality of my health!

March 9th, 2011
Exceptional bedside manner
Dr. Swarr and his practice are an asset to the community. He always takes the time to listen to my medical concerns, and explains my options so I can understand them and the best approach. He cares about his patients - and you can see that in his approach to medicine. His team also provides excellent care. He is incredibly patient and kind - we are lucky to have him practice in our community.

February 22nd, 2011
Difficutly getting an appointment - POOR level of care from the Walk-in clinic
I find it extremely difficult to get an appointment to see Dr Swarr, especially for cold/flu symptoms. Often I have to wait several days to see the doctor or I am directed to the walk in. I will never go to the Cool Springs IM&P walk in again because I feel the level of care is very low and the ability communicate their diagnosis as poor. For example, I ususally see a doctor 2x a year - once for a physical and usually a follow up. When I come to my doctor's office and get directed to the walkin, I feel like I am being treated as if I am overreacting to my cold/flu symptoms. I had a mild fever for several days, heavy mucus drainage, and sinus congestion. My diagnosis was to take some Mucinex. To me, this is not personalized care and not what I expect from my health care provider. I feel that the I benefit just as much talking with pharmicist. I hope the level of care at Cool Springs IM&P and with Dr. Swarr improves.