A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Symbas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Symbas is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Symbas, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Symbas graduated from Emory University , Atlanta. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Symbas has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Southern Regional Medical Center
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Symbas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Peter Symbas practice?
Dr. Peter Symbas practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Atlanta, GA.
Additional practice locations include: Stockbridge, GA and Fayetteville, GA.
See Atlanta Surgeons.