Dr. Peter Thurlow Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Thurlow?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 26th, 2014

Saved my life

Dr T literally saved my life. I have had 4 surgeries performed by him. He has treated me with respect and courtesy. He even delayed a vacation until I was released from the hospital--a delay of several weeks. I know he does not hunt so the reviewer who talks about a "hunting trip" is clearly confused--either there is another doctor with the same name somewhere in the country, or that reviewer is just plain confused. The other negative reviewers are not describing the Dr. Thurlow I know.

November 12th, 2013

Do NOT use this Doc

Things couldn't have been much worse. He lacked expertise to deal with my case but didn't disclose it. He declared my surgery successful but it did not meet acceptable standards. Didnt send me to specialists or provide life saving meds. I was inadequately cared for on many accounts. Do NOT believe anything this guy tells you. He truly failed me in grossly negligent ways.

August 27th, 2011

The Man with Golden Hands

This man has golden hands and is not intimidated by performing manuel open surgeries vs dragging in mesh by painful laproscope or open methods. No one in Madison offered to hand tie vs. rip out and replace (that leaves the inside wall twice as damaged). Plus he has a heart and bedside manor that you will not find by a Surgeon on one of hospitals payroll. If you have a serious problem, see this surgeon. He fixed the Mayo Clinic's work that was damage and is far superior to Rochester, right here in madison. He did 4 surgeries for me over 2 years and I am grateful.

August 15th, 2011

Do not let this doctor cut you open.

Dr. Thurlow botched my hernia repair surgery. First, he convinced me to have a straight incision, even though most doctors recommend having the procedure done laparoscopically. Then, he used a patch that was considerably too large for my body, so that to this day, 4 years after my surgery, I still have nerve pain from the spot where the patch grates against my nerves. He explained that most people in Wisconsin are heavier than me, and the normal patch is fine for most people, so my thinness was the reason for my pain. His suggestion: gain weight.

January 28th, 2009

Run Away!

Dr. Thurlow perforated my intestine during a sigmoid resection and even though I had a fever, swelling and severe pain, he refused to treat me or see me. After 7 days I was put in the hospital with a diagnosis of sepsis and Dr. Thurlow still refused to treat me, but ordered xrays with iodine, knowing full well I was allergic to iodine. After he returned from his hunting trip on the tenth day, he did a second surgery. This time he damaged nerves to my spine and gave me a colostomy. He never talked about my medical condition, but stopped by my room for a minute each day so he could charge for a hospital visit. This story was so horrifying that I wrote a book describing problems in the medical community.

January 9th, 2017