A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Townsend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Townsend is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Townsend
Osteoporosis Patient Education Learn about osteoporosis and ways to prevent bone density loss, as well as uncontrollable risks.Before Visiting Dr. Townsend Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Townsend, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Townsend graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Townsend has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Christiana Care Health Services
- St Francis Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Fedele Townsend MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. Peter F. Townsend practice?
- Dr. Peter Townsend has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Townsend practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Wilmington, DE.
See Wilmington Surgeons and Wilmington Orthopedic Surgeons.