Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist
3401 Brandywine Pkwy
Ste 101
Wilmington, DE 19803
302-633-3555
Locations and availability (7)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  appointment  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2014

Very nice office. Staff was professional and I felt comfortable that I would be taken care! Dr. Townsend was very friendly.

|  Dr. Peter Townsend is one in a million!  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2012

He was always truely concerned about getting my severely broken rt. arm stablized and set. After 3 surgeries & the removal of many shattered bone fragments...he arranged for a hand specialist in Philadelphia to try an experimental surgery which might give me more hand & arm function. He wasn't afraid to get another specialist's opinion on a very tough case. Unfortunately, the experimental surgery didn't work for me..and I ended up with CRPS/RSD, which is a pain disorder...without a cure. Still, Dr. Peter Townsend sees me each year and tries to help me by prescribing new braces to keep me as comfortable as he can while living with this disorder. I am thankful that he has great ethics, & wouldn't cave-in to an insurance company who tried strong arm tactics. I would reccommend Dr. Peter Townsend to anyone who wants an orthopaedic surgeon who will always be in your corner!Sincerely,Sandy T.

|  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

Dr. Towsend has performed surgeries on both my wrists. Dr. Townsend spent time with me to explain the procedure and the outcome. He took the time to answer my questions and discuss my long range prognosis. I feel confident in Dr. Townsend's assessment of my condition and his treatment plan.

|  Dr Townsend was Excellent - Catherine, Notsomuch  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2011

My daughter had a very rare injury to her finger. Dr. Townsend diagnosed it accurately and his care plan tho very conservative saved her from a lifelong malformation.Midway through what became a 15 week long treatment we were seen by his PA who told us that it "looked good" and was starting to give us instructions for the next step. I asked to see DR. Townsend who agreed that healing was absolutely not complete and treatment continued for another 8 weeks. She is now fully healed and perfect. I would suggest that unless your issue is VERY mild and routine, that you insist on seeing him and not his assistant. The office staff was very friendly and attentive and we LOVED his nurse.

|  RA wrist surgery  |  show details
by Ellie on Jan 25th, 2011

I totally trust and would recommend Dr Townsend. I have RA and my wrist required surgery. Dr Towsend explained all my options and after the surgery, during my post op visit, Dr Townsend patiently answered all my questions. I left his office with a great sense of relief and am optimistic about my recovery.