Dr. Peter Kuhl MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology San Antonio, TX

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2015
Dr. Kuhl was my doctor for 29 yrs since I was 17 yrs old. He was my OB doctor for all 5 of my children, including my triplets. There is no one better than him! Much love for this man!

January 2nd, 2014
Best OB ever
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Kuhl. He is kind, and takes enough time with his patients. I have been able to get same day work in appointments with him. He delivered my first two children, and will be delivering my next as well.

March 5th, 2013
Fifteen years later and I still recommend him to pregnant friends!
Dr. Kuhl delivered my son fifteen years ago. I'd had a c-section with my firstborn, five years prior, and I really wanted to try for a vaginal birth with the second. Not only did Dr. Kuhl work with me and respect my wishes, he shocked me by spending most of my 32 hour labor right there by my side! I had heard stereotypes of doctors who just showed up to 'catch' and he was nothing like this. He did not push me to have unnecessary interventions, he respected my desire for a drug free, natural birth, and he was a constant source of reassurance and information during my pregnancy. If we still had old time "house doctors" they'd be like Dr. Kuhl. I only wish he were family practice instead of just OB/Gyn! I will always be grateful for finding a doctor who was so respectful and caring and truly exemplifies what doctors should be like. So many have forgotten "bedside manner" but not Dr. Kuhl. No power trip, no rushed visits, just good old fashioned health care and respect. When I tell stories about my 10lb, 13 ounce VBAC baby, his name is always mentioned!

August 2nd, 2012
Greatest OB in town
My planned natural birth with mid-wives turned into a C-section thanks to a stubborn little girl who would not turn. I was lucky enough to have Dr Kuhl on call that day to do the delivery. He was excellent! He and my mid-wife, Jan Olsen, gave me the best c-section possible. Highly reccommend. It takes a while to get in to see him because he's so thorough with everyone he sees and makes sure to take the time he needs. It may take you a while to get in but you know you have his attention once you're in there.

April 29th, 2012
Awesome Doc...
Just makes the annual exam not so intimidating.....Great staff...

April 25th, 2012
dr.kuhl is a very good o.b.g.y.n doctor. :-) thank-you to you and your staff GOD BLESS.

April 23rd, 2012
Dr. kuhl is amazing he has delivered both of my beautiful girl... He makes you feel comfortable and safe his the best easy to talk to....

February 17th, 2011
Dr. Kuhl was my OB for 2 of my children and I heartily recommend him to any woman. He is thorough and he listens without rushing through an office visit. He explains everything completely. With his help, I had two perfect births (unlike my friends who had countless unwanted and unneeded medical interventions.) Dr. Kuhl isn't just a doctor - he is a health care partner.

January 4th, 2011
Pretty Happy
Dr Kuhl took care of me during my last pregnancy and now with my current pregnancy. He is very nice and takes his time with everyone. You can't blame an OB for making you wait sometimes since there are many ergent matters for him to attend to. They staff is wonderful, very freindly.

September 10th, 2010
Dr Kuhl delivered 2 of my 4 kids, and my grandson, and my ex husbands child by 2nd marriage. He sees both of my grown daughters, and 2 of my friends. Last I heard, he can't take any new patients. Yes, you will wait at your appointment, but it is well worth it. He even saw me once for something unrelated to ob/gyn when my baby was 11 months old, at 6:15 pm, (I coundn't get there earlier) My oldest girl (at age 18) went to a female Dr first, very sick, needing surgery, but after that she switched to Dr Kuhl and will not go to anyone else. The reason for late appt. is because he talks to you way more than any dr I have ever seen. I would see him for everything if I could. I wish all Dr's were like him.

May 14th, 2009
I waited over 2 hours past my appt time to be seen by the dr, when I mentioned this, he said there will be long wait times and he won't apologize for taking his time and I had to pay for parking, no validation...he basically just shrugged off concerns of my previous dr (who retired), and said, without exam or tests and after a rare condition, that I should be fine since much time has passed...he's nice and talks alot with patients but did not make me feel secure and I will look for another dr.

February 13th, 2017