Overall Review

3.9

November 15th, 2016
Vacarro SUCKS!!!!

August 6th, 2016
Excellent pediatrician, wonderful bedside manner and superb clinical judgement based on a very solid knowledge base. Office staff are extremely caring and warm, but still very efficient. Can't possibly hope for more.

February 25th, 2016
Excellent Pediatrician!
Dr Vaccaro used to be my husband's pediatrician and is now my 2 daughters' pediatrician. We couldn't possibly ask for better service. He always makes himself available and takes the time to thoroughly examine his patients and explain everything in detail. Don't know what we'd do without him as our pediatrician.

June 23rd, 2014
Great Doctor, Terrible Office
Dr. Vaccaro is a very good doctor, a little snarky, but he knows his stuff and is not an over-medicator. He is very good with kids and my children adore him, never scared to go see him. His staff, on the other hand, can be a bit curt and rude. I also don't like how you can never speak to the doctor on the phone. The nurse/receptionist tells you to tell them your problem, then they tell the doctor, then the doctor tells them, and then they call you back. Can't I just talk to the doctor for 3 minutes? I also agree with the other review that says you never know when the heck they're in the office or not. They have a big sign in the office that says they're open on Thursday, but when you call on Thursday the answering machine says they are closed. Parking is also a bit tough as it is all Muni-Meter parking by his office and sometimes you don't know how long you'll be there. It can be a pain. But I do like that he is not part of a group. I hate group practices. The downside is sometimes the doctor who covers for him is some lady who does not speak English very well and she is hard to understand. But all in all he is a good doctor.

November 14th, 2013
Amazing Doctor
I moved recently to another state and am sad to look for a new pediatrician! Dr. Vaccaro is amazing. He put up with me for 9 years... always nervous and always asking questions. He was never frustrated. He never rushed me. He was ALWAYS available to call me back when I was in need. My children love him and want to drive many hours back to NY to visit him which is not realistic! I am just so glad he got us through the early years.

March 26th, 2013
Words cannot express what an amazing pediatrician Dr. Vaccaro is
I love Dr. Vaccaro, as a new mom over 25 years ago he was fairly new in the area and I was at my wits end with my youngest child's health conditions. He always made time for me and was practically at his office once a week for the first 5 years or more of her life. If it wasnt for him I dont know where she would be today and I Thank God for him every day for him coming into our lives. He is a loving caring person and so are the staff in his office. Words cannot express the gratitude, admiration and respect I have for him. I am forever grateful!! Thank you Dr. V your truly the best!!

January 3rd, 2012
Love him!!!
highly recommend him!!! he is the best!! friendly with us and very good with my kids. always listens to my concerns.

September 12th, 2011
Great doctor - bad hours and staff
I love Dr. Vaccaro. He is an awesome doctor. What I don't like is you basically have to be a stay-at-home parent to really get in to see this doctor. His hours during the week are so confusing that when you think they are there and you call - you realize oops they are not working today? They also offer Saturday hours but those appointments book fast especially since that is a short work day also. In addition, I have called for questions that I needed the doctor to get back to me on (non-life-threatening) and no one returns my call and then the issue becomes urgent forcing me to call the after-hours number. A little unsettling when you are a full-time employee and parent and your day is just as hectic as theirs might be. In addition, the staff seems really nice, but when they are on the phone with other parents they tend to make faces and have nasty responses to people's questions. I know certain things may seem like common sense to one person but to another person who hasn't slept in 3 months because they are constantly waking up for baby feedings and now don't know how to handle a certain situation, the resulting snide remark or attitude from staff is even less comforting or courteous.

July 8th, 2011
Awful Doctor
He doesn't take new patients anymore, or at least that is what they told me on the phone, AFTER I told them I did not have insurance for my baby. Anytime you say that, there's a pause, followed by some stupid comment. I have never in my life heard of a doctor that won't see new patients.

April 6th, 2010
Dr. Vaccaro, now taking care of my grandchildren
I was a new mom and Dr. Vaccaro had a newpractice, so I did some serious research,that was twenty plus years ago. The results I received were amazing and the care he gave to my three children was excellent. Now he is taking care of my grandchildren,Dr. Vaccaro is by far a wonderful and caring doctor.

April 26th, 2008
the best
dr vacacaro truly cares about the kids he sees. i couldn't ask for a better doctor for my daughter!!!