Plastic Surgeons

2228 Cahaba Valley Dr
Birmingham, AL 35242
205-930-9990
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Apr 24th, 2014

He needs to really take a evaluation on his attitude towards his patients. His demeanor is rude, abrupt, and he will not hardly let you ask about a concern that he obviously caused during surgery. He really really needs to be nicer and courteous to his patients that have spent lots of money for surgery and he does not. He less expensive, but with a horrible attitude. Bottom line.

by Disappointed Patient on Apr 15th, 2014

The rudest, most hot-tempered and unprofessional doctor I have ever encountered. He does not give you the time of day after he has done your surgery. He is intimidating and he messed me up so badly that I had to have my implants removed completely! It was a humiliating and regretful experience. I chose him because he was the least expensive. You DO get what you pay for, ladies. It is worth it to pay double, for a better doctor. If only I had know then!

by Audrey Green on Jan 30th, 2014

Dr.VanHoy is awesome.I shopped around for a facelift. I decided to have a breast lift also. He performed both.I was out of work 10 days. The results are awesome! He and his staff are awesome. I am so proud of the results!

Sep 20th, 2012

people make mistakes Drs. make mistakes After your mistakes you should own up to what you have done and give the person or in your case persons the opportunity to have themselves corrected. On your watch and your pay and consult another surgeon to teach you the hows and whys of what went wrong

Jan 15th, 2012

Dr. Van Hoy & all his staff were great. Had to call him the night of my granddaughter's surgery, to ask about a reaction to meds. He came right to the phone, and even called back when he thought of something else. He had already called that day, to check on her. It always impresses me when a doctor takes time to do that himself. I would definitely recommend him. You are seen almost as soon as you arrive. No long wait as with most doctors.

|  Worst experience of my life!  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

He's very inconsiderate and uncaring...I developed a hematoma after breast implants that developed after a week and need to have emergent surgery that day and removed 300 cc of blood that was accumulating in my chest. While I was there in tears because of the pain, he told my boyfriend I was "over reacting and it didn't hurt that much!" However he refers to me as 'the hematoma from hell" when I went to visit a few months later after the healing was done because now my breast are different shapes and sizes. I go in to discuss this with him and when he comes into the room he looks at my breast and says "looks good, call me whenever." he didn't ask once why I was there! So I told him my concern as he's running out of the room and so steps back pushes them around and says, "just looks big and one is softer than the other...just take some fish oil and massage the hard one." Then looks to his nurse and tells her, "take a picture" and walks out!..I went to fix my uneven breast and now they are just larger and even more noticably uneven that I'm so embarrassed and wont wear a swimsuit of tank top. I even went to other 2 other doctors who said he either didn't instill the same amount of saline in each implant or used two different types of implants...this is a nightmare and I biggest regret of my life! I wish I never went to him and suggest you don't either! unless you want to risk less then perfect results and him not care to help you fix them because once he gets paid he obviously doesn't care or admit to his mistakes. He's a huge jerk and his nurses aren't gonna be an advocate for you either when you need them to be and that's their job!! I never was so ashamed and self-conscious in life until I paid for this huge embarrassing imperfection he caused!!!

|  very personable and caring  |  show details
by Laura on Aug 25th, 2010

I read different ratings on the internet and visited other doctors in my home town before visiting Dr. Van Hoy. I have to say Dr. Van Hoy surpassed my expectations. I was not treated like a number as I was with other doctors. He personally came in and talked to me about the procedure when I first arrived for my consult. All the staff was very friendly and helpful also. After my surgery Dr. Van Hoy personally called to check on me 2 twice that day / evening, saw him the next morning and when I called with a question on the weekend after he personally called me back. It has been 2 weeks since the day of my surgery and I am very pleased!!! Still sore and not healed all the way but if I were to choose more cosmetic surgery I would definitely make the 1 1/2 drive to Birmingham again to Dr. Van Hoy's office!

|  I had several very successiful proceedures with Dr Vanhoy  |  show details
by chuynh on Sep 12th, 2009

The staff at the office is very profressional and knowledgeable about whichever prooceedure you choode. You are made to feel very good about your chose, but they wiil spend what ever time you feel you need to make this as easy as possible.