Peter J Vangiesen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery York, PA

2.3

July 12th, 2014
knee replacement
Was definitely not satisfied with the care I received. I was never told that I was in the advanced stage of osteoarthritis in both knees - was told I simply had "some" arthritis. I was told by the doctor that he would not do a knee replacement on me, instead, he did a clean out and repair with no positive results. At my post op visit, I asked what is the next course of action for my left knee and then was charged for a separate office visit!!!!! I ended up going to another orthopedic practice and 18 months later had both knees replaced! I was immediately able to walk without being in constant pain!

July 9th, 2013
tfcc tear
did surgery on my hand four a tfcc tear after the stiches were taking out he did not splint my hand so now I have to go to a hand surgen he should have put a cast on me but he put me with nothing

February 2nd, 2009
This was the worst medical experience of my life. Peter Van Giesen is clearly only interested in getting as many people in and out of his office as possible. Doesn't listen, seems disinterested, does not pay attention to details and doesn't bother to read his own notes - which cost me the use of my right arm. Now going to another doctor to fix the mess he created and hopefully give me back the use of my arm. STAY AWAY from Peter Van Giesen.