Dr. Peter Mitchell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 25th, 2017
Soccer Junkie
After a left ankle fracture, I struggIed to find a orthopedic surgeon. But I was blessed to find Dr Mitchell's office were I received extraordinary care from Both Dr. Mitchell and his staff. Excellent customer service;. Dr. Mitchell was very attentive and I was playing soccer within 5mths of my ankle fracture.

October 23rd, 2016
Best in class foot surgeon
Dr. Mitchell is the best. He helped with a difficult situation with my sudden Achilles tear and with a great blend of sophisticated smarts and great bedside manner out me on the road to recovery. Tearing an Achilles is stressful and sad. Working with Dr. Mitchell, I was in great hands and now about a month into recovery I couldn't be happier I chose him. He is tenured. He practices the latest techniques and delivers great results. Be sure to check him out if you need a great foot doctor.

August 11th, 2016
Lacks any bedside manner whatsoever

April 10th, 2016
Superb office staff. From front desk to surgical scheduler. Excellent !!! Front desk girl I believe her name was Frances had such a comforting manner made you smile and just relaxed.

September 10th, 2015
Poorsest customer services ever.
Just incredible, he didn't have time until 45 days later and the lady that called me told me that she was going to send me a confirmation and a reminder to my email of my appointment, in the end all lies. I just called to see when my appointment was and they told me that it was yesterday and that it was my responsibility to keep track and offered me a new appointment in a month from now, I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. If you really need assistance don't wait 45 days to have it, their has to be someone else that can help you, if you have done everything that's in you power and no one has been able to assist you take a shot a this Dr, I don't know if his good or bad but his not for an urgent matter that's for sure.

January 7th, 2015
Unfortunately like many doctors, he is short with patients. He has a tad of arrogance about him, but his staff is wonderful. Everybody from the front receptionist to his nurse assistant... wonderful. He does have a good reputation though which is why I'll give him another chance. Otherwise his arrogance makes him some what standoffish.

October 2nd, 2014
Good listener, excellent doctor & surgeon
Due to precious ankle reconstruction, I needed an ankle specialist. Dr. Mitchell did a great job explaining the procedure and the surgery went well. He personally called to follow up after surgery, which is very much appreciated. I definitely recommend him.

January 30th, 2013
I would absolutely use him again. Did fabulous job explaining procedure/surgery and prognosis.

August 1st, 2011
Calcaneal Surgery ( heal)
Dr Mitchell's Confidence combined with honesty gave me confidence. Rated a full 4 stars on everything. I did not have a long wait to see him which was surprising because he does not rush. He handled my pain complaints in an honest way with and has a great sense of humor which helps keep things in perspective. I am pleased to have Dr Mitchell and his office staff on my team.

March 24th, 2011
A doctor that actually listens
I had heard Dr. Mitchell didn't have great bedside manner, which I haven't found to be a problem. I don't need him to be a friend, I need help with my ankle. I had surgery once and he was great, he was actually joking to lighten the mood. He's a great guy and a reputable, trustworthy doctor. He is also realistic and doesn't sugar coat the hard truth.

February 15th, 2011
Outstanding doctor!
Dr. Mitchell displays a comforting level of confidence in his own diagnostic and surgical abilities, yet never crosses over to arrogance. He is happy to recommend other surgeons for a second opinion and is never threatened or annoyed by a patient's boatload of questions. I'm actually happier with my results than he is (because he's such a perfectionist). As far as I'm concerned, he IS the go-to guy for foot and ankle surgery, especially complicated surgery.

September 2nd, 2010
Excellent Doctor
My daughter had two ankle surgeries with Dr. Mitchell. He is an amazing surgeon. He is kind, compassionate, able to explain exactly what is going on. If it weren't for him, my daughter would not still be playing soccer. Thank you Dr. Mitchell for all that you do for your patients.