Dr. Peter Weigel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Peter Weigel?

October 20th, 2014

OK in an emergency

Dr. Weigel, himself, is OK. He doesn't have much of a bedside manner and is a bit condescending, but he's OK. The office staff is pleasant when they want to be, but they are either incompetent, or they just don't care. They are rude when questioned and the phone system is atrocious! It's impossible to get a person, and unlikely to get a call back. Their online service is up to $50 per year and I find it absurd to pay for information that I am due for free. Most of us don't have money to waste because the doctor or staff are too lazy to talk to us. My last office visit had a wait time of well over an hour, but I waited because I was too sick to leave without seeing the doctor.

January 28th, 2013

seems like a good doctor but terrible staff and follow-up

I was pleased with the doctor's bedside manner and abilities when I had my physical, but when I got my lab results his staff was completely incompetent and unprofessional. They called three times in a row (interrupting a meeting) even though I had a vm message saying I would not be taking calls. Then when I finally called them back, they did not return my call for several weeks. Due to their horrible service it took over two months of repeated phone calls and repeated explanations of the situation before I was scheduled to repeat the blood work. Then they never informed me of the results of the second lab. Throughout this process, his staff was constantly hard-selling me on a $38 online system to track my patient info. I found it extremely distasteful to be constantly pushed to purchase info that I am already paying for an am entitled to.

October 1st, 2012

Dr. Weigel has been my doctor for many years, and I have always had good experiences with him. Unfortunately, this time, he and/or his office staff dropped the ball. I was supposed to have a CT scan, for which I needed to be pre-medicated. I drank one bottle of the solution for the CT scan and took both Prednisone tablets before the Imaging Center called to say the machines were down and I had to be rescheduled. I called Dr. Weigel's office, going through the menu and hitting on one for nurse and refills, explained the situation and asked for more medication for the following week. Then I called back because I am diabetic and needed to know when to restart my medication. That was on Thursday. On Friday morning, I awoke with a SEVERE allergic reaction to either the steroids or the barium solution and called Dr. Weigel's office again. He was not there, so I left a message. I called back several hours later and got the covering doctors number, but every time I called the covering doctor, I just got a menu and could never reach a real person. I called Dr. Weigel's office again to inform him of this, then called the Imaging Center to speak to a doctor there; the woman who answered the phone there was very snotty and said no doctors were in. I explained my situation to her and she snottily answered "take Benadryl"; to which I replied that I already had. I ended up speaking with my wonderful pharmacist at Shop-Rite in Garwood who helped me immensely. Long story short, I was supposed to have my CT scan this morning, but I cancelled because I had no medicine and have yet to talk to Dr. Weigel - 5 DAYS LATER! I'm glad he is so concerned about his patients! In any event, I will be finding another doctor this week!

April 18th, 2012

Dr Weigel is a very good diagnostician as well as a caring doctor. He asks the right questions and explains his answers thoroughly. If you have further questions, he takes the time to make sure you understand him. I recommend him highly.

May 11th, 2011

Doesn't return calls

I have left three messages with his office asking the Dr to return my call. He has not called back for over a week. I have been a customer of this Dr for over 20 years.

May 3rd, 2011

Rude & unhelpful. Just wants to make money.

October 14th, 2010

Just okay

Have only been to this doc twice. Waiting time for first visit was acceptable, second visit was just under an hour. Staff is kind of bumbling and unprofessional. Was called into the office from the waiting room by a staff member only to be left in the hallway as she entered another room seemingly forgetting I was right behind her. She continued dealing with the patient in the room she had entered until I interrupted her to ask her where she wanted me to go. She offhandedly said I could have a seat in the hallway. Strange. Also I had some preliminary bloodwork done at my first visit and when I called to discuss my results a staff member (who I doubt very much was a nurse) did a very poor job of explaining my results and was unable to answer my questions. Dr. Weigel himself is okay, not real welcoming of any questions, bit dictatorial and condescending. Nothing horrible going on here but definitely not impressed. I'll be looking elsewhere.

February 2nd, 2017