A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Westervelt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Westervelt, MD, PHD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Westervelt graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis.
Dr. Westervelt has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Westervelt accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans