A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Westervelt:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Westervelt is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Westervelt
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Westervelt Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Westervelt, MD, PHD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic BCR-ABL Positive Myelogenous Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Organ Transplantation
Education & Awards
Dr. Westervelt graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Westervelt has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Barnes-Jewish West County Hospital
- Barnes Jewish Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Westervelt MD and PHD is a male Oncologist , has 20 years of experience and practices in Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Peter Westervelt practice?
- Dr. Peter Westervelt has 2 office locations.
Dr. Peter Westervelt practices Medical Oncology near Saint Louis, MO.
See Saint Louis Oncologists.