Dr. Petra Gurtner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Petra Gurtner?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2015

She's the best of the best neurosurgeon. She is no longer in practice in Norfolk, I'd like to know where she is now practicing

April 23rd, 2015

Neck SUrgery Complications

Dr. Gurtner operated on my neck in 2005. I've had many complications with the surgery since that time. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

March 28th, 2015

Dr. Gurtner did surgery-took out the worst diseased half of vertebra and failed to take out the other side that was weak. Within 6 months the weak side blew out and caused permanent damage to my right leg. A large piece of bone rested on my sciatica nerve and caused permanent damage to this day. I have to take opiates to get through the pain each day. The highest pain meds she believed in was Tylenol 3. I suffer every day with pain and this will be with me for the rest of my life. I just retired with Disability because of pain.

July 6th, 2014

We have had a total of seven upper spinal surgeries (Jesse -4 and Paige -3). Dr. Gurtner did five of our surgeries. Jesse's last surgery was scheduled for 4-5 hours and it lasted 14 hours. We can't praise her surgical skills high enough. We are able to be very functional and have a very reasonable life style. We find her to be very professional and caring with low tolerance for patients that do not wish to follow her medical advice. Hats off to an excellent doctor!!

December 4th, 2013

I owe my life to Nero Surgen, Petra Gurtner. I had 2 back surgeries 3 months apart over 7 years ago and my back is doing great. Thank You Petra!!!! You saved my life.

May 14th, 2012

Rude

January 23rd, 2012

Pseudo girl returns

Dr. Gurtner Lord I love this lady. I wouldn't go through this with anyone else.

November 17th, 2011

My sister's neurosurgeon

My sister has two chronic diseases. Rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's disease. She has had to have back surgeries because the RA is affecting the disc. Dr. Gurtner is an excellent surgeon who has always been there for my sister - even scheduling an emergency surgery when Dr. Gurtner was going on vacation. Many thanks Dr. G!

July 6th, 2011

Saw my father in the hospital in consult for a stroke. Not caring at all, very judgemental, and unsympathetic basically blaming him for having the stroke. Not just my father, but making comments her patients in general causing their demise. Just left when she was done; acting like we were graced by her presence and knowledge. Didn't even see her until the day after he was admitted.

August 12th, 2010

This doctor ruined my life. Now I am on narcotics because of her failing to follow up on a patient's plea for help. Dr. Gurtner belittled me when I came to her office explaining a redness in the lumbar section. Within one month I was unable to walk because a fragment of the vertebrae broke off and damaged my sciatic nerve. She is very capable, however, this time, she became impulsive and arrogant and did not address the needs of the patient.Now I am left with a debilitated condition requiring constant use of powerful narcotics for the rest of my life. A very angry patient

July 29th, 2010

Dr. Gurtner did a great job!

Dr. Gurtner was referred to me by my chiropractor. From the moment I met her, I found her to be very, very sharp and knew her stuff. She performed surgery on my back, described what she was doing and what would happen with great accuracy, and has a pretty good sense of humor too. Thank you Dr. Gurtner!

January 12th, 2010

Patient

During first office visit that was accepted by her staff on very short notice, Dr. Gurtner reviewed with me a very clear MRI of my cervical vertebrae showing me what the problem was while indicating the location on the skeleton.She instilled an immediate feeling of confidence. I am 5 days out of surgery and I feel my recovery in right on the track that was explained to me. I could not expect more from this delightful person!