Overall Review

3.6

May 31st, 2016
Dr Petra Wong
great MD and great doctor

October 29th, 2015
Takes time with you and listens
I really liked this doctor. I can see why other people complain about the wait times, but that is because she does not rush her patients. When I have questions, she really explains well and is very articulate. She wont leave until I am satisfied, and perhaps that is why the wait is long for those following. I would rather wait a bit in the waiting area to get to see a great doc. Than go to a doc, like my past doc, and get rushed out the door and only give a sec of their time. They make follow up calls regarding any labs rather than me trying to get ahold of them. She is very knowledgeable and a cool/chill demeanor.

April 15th, 2015
Don't like the way she talks, kind of unprofessional.

April 2nd, 2015
Front desk staff very rude! Marcy is clearly miserable in life and brings that misery to work and her co workers follow along. Zero customer service skills, everything is an inconvience for her. She needs to quit if her life and job is that horrible!

January 8th, 2015
Awesome doctor. She really cares about you're health. She has been. H doctor for aprox. 40 years! Love her!

January 5th, 2014
Not accessible
While in Los Alamitos Hospital Dr. Wong exaggerated my condition and over emphasized things that I had said. She would not accept my calls while hospitalized and totally ignored me. She turned me over to a very frightening doctor that used a curling iron on his facial hair. Scared me to death. While in this particular ward of the hospital I was not able to eat for two days because I wasn't told where or when the meals would be served. NO therapy whatsoever. The ONLY good thing she did for me was to arrange for a shower after five days. I give this doctor an F-minus. Save your time and money!

June 7th, 2013
comfortable
The reception area was always nice and TV volume was at a nice low level. The receptionist was very helpful with any questions or request. Waiting time before seeing the doctor is a minimum of half an hour or more. But the time was never wasted. The doctor is great. She really listens to every word I said. She makes me feel comfortable and happy to see a doctor that really give you her 100% & more. She works with me through my fears, doubts , questions and make me feel that she truly cares about my treatments. Every time I saw her, no matter how busy her schedules were, she never leave me without making sure that I understood what we were doing, why we doing it and always reminds me to make a follow-up so we could discuss what step to take next. I truly miss having her as my primary care Physician. I am also very grateful for the years 1990 to 2000, when I had to stop seeing her because of financial and employment problems

January 4th, 2012
NEVER SEES PATIENTS
Dr. Petra Wong never sees her patients. I have lost count of how many times I've had to reschedule appointments because she decided last minute to be unavailable. For walk ins - I was sick one day with a severe cough and cold and needed to see her. She kept me waiting for more than half a day then finally told the head nurse to examine me. I could see through the window that she was just walking around. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!I have updated my info on file but her admin staff continues to call my parents how instead of me for medical results, rescheduling of appointments etc. They really need to get their act together.

March 8th, 2011
inspite of wait & staff, Dr Wong worth it
I read the other reviews, and I agree with them, you usually have to wait a while, and the staff is not all that friendly (especially the office manager). However, I like Dr. Wong, and even though there is a long waiting time, I've never felt like she is rushing through my visit. She always takes her time with me, and I've never felt like she's rushing to get to her next appointment...perhaps that's why we've all experienced a long waiting time.I need to make an appointment with her, and went online to find her number. That's how I found this site, and thought I would rate her. I've recommended Dr. Wong in the past, and will continue to recommend her.

March 1st, 2010
Listen more, talk less
Dr. Wong is clearly a caring individual who does not rush through appointments. Many doctors will not give sufficient explanation of their diagnosis or treatments. Dr. Wong goes a bit to the other extreme, spending so much time explaining things in such great detail that my 80+ year old mother (her patient) is completely overwhelmed and ends up more confused than enlightened. It's more of a situation of "too much of a good thing." I recommend that Dr. Wong try to be more concise in her explanations and be more aware of her patient's state during her explanation.