Dr. Petrit Ndrio MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

July 27th, 2016
What I was looking for
I never liked or trusted psychiatrist due to having to "try" 5+ different ones in my adolescence. All of them seemed fake and would talk AT me...not to me. Dr. Ndrio was the first psych I saw now that I'm near 30yoa and I'm very happy that I did. He listens, he understands my concerns and he gives me a voice. Every appointment we spend time catching up before going into how my medication was the previous month (this is at my choosing). I can see his sincere interest in helping me to the best of his abilities, unlike previous doctors. He's a good man through and through and would definetly recommend him to any male adults.

April 27th, 2016
TERRIBLE DOCTOR DOSNT TREAT YOU WELL AT ALL
He spent at Most 5 minutes with me, Inturupted everything I tried to tell him and when I tried to ask him questions he CALLED ANOTHER PATIENT IN WHEN I WAS STILL IN HIS OFFICE. Not only that but he read me confidential information about another patient. Dark sad notes about this poor girl. And when I said that wasn't me he said "so your denying it" and started to write it down. He also would tell me one thing on how he was going to treat me and go do another. He always rushed me to get out of his office and when I told the nurses my complaints with him he told me to watch my mouth Because people might get the wrong idea about him

March 23rd, 2016
Do NOT recommend
In the 5 months and 3 visits my son had with Dr. national, he spent a total of maybe 30 minutes with him. He was very quick to prescribe medications and when we expressed concern that my son was actually getting worse, he wanted to prescribe yet another medication. He also yelled ( and I mean YELLED) at me over the phone about a mixup with one of the prescriptions that he had called in, telling me that he refused to call the prescription in to a certain pharmacy. Sooooo helpful to a parent with a child who is struggling. My primary MD can write prescriptions. We were looking for help and did not find it here. My son was better off before he started seeing Dr Ndrio. The counselor that my son saw in this office never spoke to my husband and I alone about our concerns, although my son seemed to like him. We have moved on and my son is now receiving counseling, but is not taking medication.

March 3rd, 2016
He spends time with his patients and helps put a lot. He really cares

January 5th, 2016
Horrible
Horrible subpar mediocre guy. Doesn't care about helping people at all

August 28th, 2015
Pretty straightforward
i went for ADHD testing.... Was diagnosed with ADHD. He has some pretty terrible manners and I wouldn't say he gives you an in depth diagnosis, but even after the first visit it's a pretty comfortable environment. I wouldn't have a problem telling him exactly what's on my mind or if I was thinking about a new medication. Long story short, I wouldn't recommend him if your looking for emotional or life related advice. I would recommend him if your thinking medication may help your cause and don't know what meds may help.

August 20th, 2015
Steer clear
This doctor believes in prescribing drugs for every problem, very difficult to understand heavy accent. He never if ever spends time with me for my concerns, in a rush to see other patients never follows up.

July 21st, 2015
Wonderful Doctor
This doctor has helped me and my daughter feel alive again. He took the time to listen to our concerns and explained the options very thoroughly and patiently. His office is bright and welcoming and the staff always courteous and efficient. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone that needs his services.

April 21st, 2015
Regret
Terrible bedside manner. Doesn't make eye contact. Not sure if he's only like that with women.

March 2nd, 2015
Excellent doctor!
Dr. Ndrio has been treating my daughter for 3 years now. She has adhd, autism, anxiety, and digeorge syndrome. Most doctors we see don't even know about digeorge and I end up having to teach them about it. Dr. Ndrio was well educated on it and even made sure us as parents were educated too. He was very patient with all my questions and concerns about medication and treatment and answered every one of them. He worked with us to provide the right treatment for my daughter, not just shove medication at us as most do. Even when i call the office with questions for him, he always calls back right away and listens to my concerns and always comes up with an awesome game plan that proves efficient and puts my concerns to rest. He made it a group effort with us parents having a say in treatment and involved one of his therapists Darlene Stevens. Dr. Ndrio and Darlene have done miracles with our daughter. She has self esteem now and is getting good grades in school. Both of them also are constantly checking in on us as parents as well. They always ensure we are okay too. Parenting a special needs child is not easy, and they know that. They make sure us as parents are ok because if not, we are no good for our child. They have provided so much for our whole family. Even though we moved 2 hours away, we still make the drive to see Dr. Ndrio as I don't think any other doctor can provide the same excellent care that Dr. Ndrio does for us!

December 19th, 2014
Highly Recommend!
I met Dr. Ndrio as an inpatient at Mercy Hospital. I have no mental health history, but became very ill with a GI disease post-partum. With a sudden diagnosis, post-partum hormones, high prednisone doses, lots of GI meds, and a diet of formula - I fell into a deep depression. My family admitted me knowing I needed help. I was unable to function and care for myself, husband, and two babies. It was truly the most scary time of my life. I knew something was wrong and didn't know how to fix it on my own, and it wasn't something I could "snap out of." Dr. Ndrio was extremely kind and understanding. I remember how intrigued he was with my GI issues, my two babies, and my medical history - he even reached out to my cardiologist to ensure meds wouldn't conflict with my pacemaker, which I found reassuring (most psychiatrists wouldn't do this). Once released from the hospital, I continued to see Dr. Ndrio and he recommended also seeing one of his therapists, Darlene Stevens. During my 3 years seeing Dr. Ndrio, I've had a complete 180 turnaround. Dr. Ndrio and Darlene Stevens have been the BEST thing for me to get through my depression, get my health back, and start taking control of my life. Darlene and Dr. Ndrio work great together, and if something comes up in therapy, Darlene recommends seeing the doctor. Darlene has taught me great ways to think and manage illness, as well as helped me through the painful loss of my 31 year old brother to cancer. Like most doctors, Dr. Ndrio does tend to run behind (so don't schedule appointments too tight). But I'm ok with that. I've been in crisis mode when a med isn't working and he fits me in. (I remember seeing the sadness in his eyes when he could see I was really in bad shape). He has taken additional time for me when I have needed it; discussed options and pros/cons of medications. He's helped me ramp up on meds and taper off meds. He's stayed late, filled out countless disability forms, and met with my husband to help me through some very difficult times. When I see others in the waiting room, I have a better idea of what people are dealing with and am more than willing to wait for the doctor to give everyone the time they need, because he does the same for me. Be prepared with everything you want to share - history, symptoms, concerns to make the most of each visit. I'm amazed with the doctor's patience with me, especially in trying medications. My body reacts strangely to things. Finding a "fix" takes time, and the meds take a while to kick in. Please be patient and give meds a good 6 weeks to work (unless they cause harmful results). That's the hardest thing when you're dealing with depression and anxiety - I know. Having Darlene to work with during med changes was helpful, and she could sense changes and coach me through the rough spots. I speak more openly about my depression and anxiety, and encourage others to go see Dr. Ndrio and Darlene. They have done great work with me, and I can truly see the difference my time with them has made. I continue to do regular check-ins, and count both of them as my best healthcare professionals! I highly recommend!!!!

July 17th, 2014
Very caring and compassionate doctor
I have been bringing my father to this doctors for 4 years and I would like to say that Dr. Ndrio has been extremely helpful treating my father. He is always caring and very professional. He will take the time to help you no matter what. I strongly recommend him to anyone.