Dr. Petrit Ndrio, MD
Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist

Regret show details Regret
by Disappointed mom on Apr 21st, 2015

Terrible bedside manner. Doesn't make eye contact. Not sure if he's only like that with women.

Excellent doctor! show details Excellent doctor!
by M Lewis on Mar 2nd, 2015

Dr. Ndrio has been treating my daughter for 3 years now. She has adhd, autism, anxiety, and digeorge syndrome. Most doctors we see don't even know about digeorge and I end up having to teach them about it. Dr. Ndrio was well educated on it and even made sure us as parents were educated too. He was very patient with all my questions and concerns about medication and treatment and answered every one of them. He worked with us to provide the right treatment for my daughter, not just shove medication at us as most do. Even when i call the office with questions for him, he always calls back right away and listens to my concerns and always comes up with an awesome game plan that proves efficient and puts my concerns to rest. He made it a group effort with us parents having a say in treatment and involved one of his therapists Darlene Stevens. Dr. Ndrio and Darlene have done miracles with our daughter. She has self esteem now and is getting good grades in school. Both of them also are constantly checking in on us as parents as well. They always ensure we are okay too. Parenting a special needs child is not easy, and they know that. They make sure us as parents are ok because if not, we are no good for our child. They have provided so much for our whole family. Even though we moved 2 hours away, we still make the drive to see Dr. Ndrio as I don't think any other doctor can provide the same excellent care that Dr. Ndrio does for us!

Highly Recommend! show details Highly Recommend!
by Elizabeth P. on Dec 19th, 2014

I met Dr. Ndrio as an inpatient at Mercy Hospital. I have no mental health history, but became very ill with a GI disease post-partum. With a sudden diagnosis, post-partum hormones, high prednisone doses, lots of GI meds, and a diet of formula - I fell into a deep depression. My family admitted me knowing I needed help. I was unable to function and care for myself, husband, and two babies. It was truly the most scary time of my life. I knew something was wrong and didn't know how to fix it on my own, and it wasn't something I could "snap out of." Dr. Ndrio was extremely kind and understanding. I remember how intrigued he was with my GI issues, my two babies, and my medical history - he even reached out to my cardiologist to ensure meds wouldn't conflict with my pacemaker, which I found reassuring (most psychiatrists wouldn't do this). Once released from the hospital, I continued to see Dr. Ndrio and he recommended also seeing one of his therapists, Darlene Stevens. During my 3 years seeing Dr. Ndrio, I've had a complete 180 turnaround. Dr. Ndrio and Darlene Stevens have been the BEST thing for me to get through my depression, get my health back, and start taking control of my life. Darlene and Dr. Ndrio work great together, and if something comes up in therapy, Darlene recommends seeing the doctor. Darlene has taught me great ways to think and manage illness, as well as helped me through the painful loss of my 31 year old brother to cancer. Like most doctors, Dr. Ndrio does tend to run behind (so don't schedule appointments too tight). But I'm ok with that. I've been in crisis mode when a med isn't working and he fits me in. (I remember seeing the sadness in his eyes when he could see I was really in bad shape). He has taken additional time for me when I have needed it; discussed options and pros/cons of medications. He's helped me ramp up on meds and taper off meds. He's stayed late, filled out countless disability forms, and met with my husband to help me through some very difficult times. When I see others in the waiting room, I have a better idea of what people are dealing with and am more than willing to wait for the doctor to give everyone the time they need, because he does the same for me. Be prepared with everything you want to share - history, symptoms, concerns to make the most of each visit. I'm amazed with the doctor's patience with me, especially in trying medications. My body reacts strangely to things. Finding a "fix" takes time, and the meds take a while to kick in. Please be patient and give meds a good 6 weeks to work (unless they cause harmful results). That's the hardest thing when you're dealing with depression and anxiety - I know. Having Darlene to work with during med changes was helpful, and she could sense changes and coach me through the rough spots. I speak more openly about my depression and anxiety, and encourage others to go see Dr. Ndrio and Darlene. They have done great work with me, and I can truly see the difference my time with them has made. I continue to do regular check-ins, and count both of them as my best healthcare professionals! I highly recommend!!!!

Very caring and compassionate doctor show details Very caring and compassionate doctor
Jul 17th, 2014

I have been bringing my father to this doctors for 4 years and I would like to say that Dr. Ndrio has been extremely helpful treating my father. He is always caring and very professional. He will take the time to help you no matter what. I strongly recommend him to anyone.

Needs more adult focus show details Needs more adult focus
by M. Dolin on Jan 2nd, 2014

I have seen Dr. NDrio for a year and I am only mildly satisfied. He is often late, my visits to him are extremely short and he doesn't seem concerned about any issues that I may be affected by. He really seems to focus on children. He is good about prescriptions. His staff have been kind. I just don't feel he has tried to connect with my problems.

Dec 3rd, 2012

My child began seeing Dr. Ndrio for anxiety and OCD type symptoms, as well as issues with attention and focus. Under the care of Dr. Ndrio, my child has had a significant decrease in anxiety, and a significant improvement in attention and focus. Dr. Ndrio has patiently worked with me with any concerns or questions I had regarding medication and treatment. I find Dr. Ndrio to be a caring compassionate man, who has his patients as his first priority.

Josephine show details Josephine
Mar 21st, 2012

Dr Ndrio is an incredibly compassionate doctor. Really takes the time to understand what the issues are no matter how complex. Would recommend to my friends.

30 minutes late for our appointment, rude and arrogant show details 30 minutes late for our appointment, rude and arrogant
Feb 21st, 2012

Our appt. was scheduled two weeks in advance. I took my child out of school and took time off of work to see Dr. Ndrio. He shows up 30 minutes late, and does not even acknowledge that he is late, much less apologize. When I pointed out that we had been sitting in the waiting room for 30 minutes, and none of his staff informed us he would be late, he replies, 'You can reschedule if you want'. I said, no we took time off of school and work, and waited 30 minutes to see you, now we would like to proceed with the appointment, but it would be nice if you would apologize for being late. No apology offered. We left and will not return to this physician. Nor will we ever recommend him to others.

The man that saved my child from falling through the cracks show details The man that saved my child from falling through the cracks
Oct 8th, 2011

I would like to say Dr has been seeing my 7 year old son for almost four years now, when we first met under inpatient circumstances at Provena Mercy inpatient it wasn't the best of circumstances. Dr Ndrio has the patience of a saint. We were scared not having a clue what was going on with our son, he just wasn't our little boy anymore and it took a lot of hard work, patients, caring and praying outside the hospital everyday that we would figure out how to bring our little guy back. Dr almost has to transfer him out to Childrens in the city but he kept working spending so much time working with our son, testing and retesting, trying one thing or another and Dr Ndrio figured it out. That hasn't "fixed" our son by any means we all still have to work hard. I know he genuinely cares for my son even taking insurance he normally wouldn't so he can keep seeing him in his private practice so he doesn't fall through the cracks as a lot of children do. I am grateful and lucky to have such a wonderful Dr looking after my son and our family because he truly cares. I would recommend this man to anyone and everyone. He truly saved our family and has continued all these years and has always been there even in the middle of the night to help. Our family feels truly blessed to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Ndrio

Excellent dr. Great bedside manner, very intuitive show details Excellent dr. Great bedside manner, very intuitive
Sep 28th, 2010

Dr. Ndrio came highly recommended by another physician and I see why! He was extremely patient, gave my ex an hour and a half of his time to help him feel more comfortable with the idea of our daughter taking the lowest dose of Zoloft. He spent about half of the appointment talking to my daughter to try to understand what was affecting her. He also took teacher evaluations and listened to my stories of her panic attacks and the causes to come to his diagnosis. Wonderful bedside manner, gentle, kind, warm dr. He has returned phone calls promptly and has followed up diligently to monitor her mental status. His staff is equally kind and respectful, very pleasant office overall.

Beware show details Beware
Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr. Ndrio saw my daughter for ten minutes and she had no formal therapy before and he immediately prescribed Zoloft to a child. Zoloft is not approved for children by the FDA except for OCD which she does not have. His two pronged approach of drugs and therapy should have recommended some therapy first before the more drastic measure of a drug like Zoloft. He said he does not do the therapy so I was turned off that this doctor has one job of presribing, administering, and monitoring drugs.

Apr 29th, 2010

Best Dr ever. God should make more like him, he saved my life.