Dr. Peyman Pakzaban MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 1st, 2016
I have nothing but good things to say about this surgeon. I highly recommend him.

May 17th, 2016
Best neck surgery Dr I will ever know . Done surgery on my neck in 2001

April 13th, 2016
I HAVE HAD TWO SURGERIES WITH MY DOCTOR. I APPRECIATE THE GOD GIFTED TALENT AND THE HARD WORK. ALSO I APPRECIATE THE CARE THAT HE GIVES TO HIS PATIENTS.

March 31st, 2016
Painless life
The best in US. I cannot be any more grateful.

January 23rd, 2016
Dr. Pakzaban and staff were very good, informative and exceeded my expectation. I waited less than 5 minutes prior to my appointment.

January 13th, 2016
Dr. Pakzaban did my husband's spinal fusion and he and his surgical staff are excellent. Very friendly, efficient, and professional. He was also very informative pre and post surgery. My husband speaks very highly of him. Even as I waited for the surgery, the entire staff was so warm and welcoming. I really felt like he was in great hands.

October 27th, 2015
A very skilled surgeon who has empathy
Dr. Pakzaban performed surgery on my husbands spine in 2008. It was not long after that my husband was able to work. We had a consultation with him, for which there was no copay and had the diagnostics done. Today we went to see him with the results and he is performing surgery tomorrow. He never says this will work, or gives false hope. But when he says he can do something, although he never says this will work. He will not do a procedure without being very confident. I could not ask for a better surgeon in his area of practice and as I stated, he is also very empathetic. Which is a skill not all very skilled surgeons have. He also recognizes the caregiver as well as the patient.

June 9th, 2015
Dr Pakzaban is the best. I feel very blessed to have found him for my back issues. Went thru Neck surgery in 2008, then had lower back surgery in 2015. Both were successfull, no more pain!

March 26th, 2015
Didn't think I 'd ever hold a fishing rod again!!
A previous doctor misdiagnosed my MRI and prescribed PT and pain management. Dr. P took one look at that same MRI and sat me down and showed me what was happening with my spine and how it was causing the pain and discomfort I was experiencing. He explained my options but recommended that I have surgery. I admit that I was somewhat apprehensive at first but he and his staff made me feel at ease and 10 days after my first visit he performed the surgery. Within a matter of just a few hours the pain that I had been experiencing was nearly gone. It's only been 3 days now since my surgery and I can tell you that I haven't felt this good in close to a year. Thanks to Dr. P and his staff I can get back to fishing this summer.

February 13th, 2015
Wife of patient
Dr. Pakzaban is an amazing surgeon. Short on conversation, however precise and polite. His office staff is the best I've EVER dealt with. Coming from a medical health care professional such as myself, I hope you take this as high praise.

September 22nd, 2014
After experiencing severe pain in my lower back and down the front of my left leg, (which put me in bed for 4 days straight), Dr. Metz's Office in Deer Park recommended Dr. Pakzaban to me. I initiated an appointment and was able to see him within a week. Dr. Pakzaban went over my MRI results with me and explained that I had a herniated disc at L2-3 and told me that I would need surgery. Since for 2 weeks, I had not been able to stand up straight due to the severe pain, I quickly agreed to have surgery the following Thursday. It's my opinion that spinal surgery is very serious so I was very apprehensive but didn't see any other option. When I went to St. Luke's Patient's Hospital, I came into contact with many nurses. Without me asking, every single nurse that I had contact with told me that he is the best Neurosurgeon in the Houston area, which put me at ease by the time I got to the operating room. Dr. Pakzaban performed my surgery on a Thursday, I was free from my disc pain immediately after surgery, the pain from my incision was gone by Sunday, and I was back at work the following Wednesday. Besides being professional and extremely competent, Dr. Pakzaban is the most impressive Dr. and surgeon that I have ever dealt with. Hopefully, I will not have any more disc problems but if I do, Dr. Pakzaban will absolutely be the only surgeon operating on me because today my back feels exactly the same as it did before I developed my herniated disc and that's due to Dr. Pakzaban's Brilliancy.

September 5th, 2014
SGS North America Lab
Okay this might be a bit lengthy of a review but I feel that what he did for me deserves it. I am a 34 year old male out of Deer Park, Texas. I have been living with a bit of sciatic pain for 4 or 5 years but nothing so major that I felt needed medical attention. Recently I had a extreme sharp pain that started right in the dead center of where my spine and pelvis meet that almost dropped me to the ground. I was not lifting or moving anything it just came on out of nowhere. After a couple days the pain pretty much went away. Two days later the pain came back 3 times stronger and migrated to my right buttocks right outside and under my knee and front of my shin close to my foot. I took a few days off work to see if the pain would go away to no avail. I dealt with the pain for another week before visiting my family doctor (Dr. Gordon Sack) He sent me to have a MRI and X-rays and then recommended me to go see Dr. Pakzaban. Dr. Pakzaban diagnosed me with a herniated disc between L4 and L5 and said that I would need surgery called a Lumbar Laminectomy / Discectomy in order to have it fixed. I have had surgery before for a inguinal hernia and it was the most painful experience that I have ever had to go through. So after his diagnosis I told him I would need a second opinion due to my previous experience with surgery. The Doctor that was going to give me the second opinion would not be able to see me for 2 more weeks and I could not wait that long so I started asking around about Dr. Pakzaban to see if anyone has had any work done by him. To my surprise there were several people that have heard of him and have had work done by him and gave me positive feedback. So I went ahead and setup the surgery with Dr. Pakzaban going off the info I had received through friends and family. I am married to my beautiful wife and have two beautiful girls, a four year old and an eleven year old. I was scared to death that I was going to end up leaving them with a paralyzed husband and father but knew that this was something that was not going to go away by itself and had to be done. I am going to go into a bit of detail here to let whoever is reading this know my experience with this procedure. My surgery was setup on a Thursday at St. Luke's Patients Medical Center at 10:00 in the morning. Upon my arrival they had me put on my surgery clothes and had me put on what looked like panty hose and had me hooked up to an IV. My wife thought it was hysterical and was sure to take some pictures :) I asked them why I was wearing those and they said that it helps prevent any blood clotting. I was already nervous about the surgery and them telling me that didn't help any. The anesthesiologist came in and explained all that he would be doing which is the typical info that all anesthesiologist tell you. The nurse came in and said they were ready to roll me back so I kissed my wife told her I loved her and that everything was going to be okay and not to worry. On my previous hernia surgery this is the point where the administered the anesthesia and I didn't remember anything pass that. On this particular surgery they did not administer it until I was actually in the operating room. I seriously thought that I was under anesthesia but could see everything that was going on. So I asked all the doctors and nurses that were standing around me... "ya'll do realize I am still awake don't ya'll?" One of the doctors chuckled and replied "yes sir we just wanted to keep you awake so that you could turn on your side before we started your surgery and that's the last thing I remember. When I woke up I remember the first thing I asked the nurse sitting beside me which was "is my butt hanging out?" She laughed and told me no and that everything went well. After all the cob webs cleared out the first person I saw was my wife and I gave her a big kiss and told her to look at my feet and I wiggled my toes. I would say that on a scale 1-10 I was in about a 4 and the pain was only around the 1 inch incision. An hour later the nurse asked if I thought I could get up and walk around and the nerves set in again. I pulled it together and eased myself up and walked unassisted up and down the hall with no pain at all in my buttocks, knee or shin.... I was seriously amazed! Here is what my entire story is leading up too. I swear that the pain I had been going through 24 hours a day for over a month was completely gone! I'm not exaggerating at all and I'm sitting here 1 week later after my follow up appointment with Dr. Pakzaban as a testament that he is an awesome doctor and I am 100% completely pain free! I will return to work on Monday and share this story with all my friends and co-workers. If anyone is reading this that needs this procedure let me say this. Dr. Pakzaban is Highly recommended by me no doubt about it. Not only was he an excellent surgeon but the staff at St. Luke's Patients Medical Center were excellent too! So from my family and myself we thank you Dr. Pakzaban from the bottom of our hearts for a job well done and wish you the best in your future. I also would like to thank the entire staff at St. Luke's for all the help and assistance ya'll provided me. God Bless