A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Starr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Starr is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Starr, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Dystonic Disorders
- Endoscopic Deep Brain Simulation (DBS)
- Movement Disorders
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Parkinson Disease
- Spinal Disorders
- Stereotaxic Techniques
Education & Awards
Dr. Starr graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Starr has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Andrew Starr MD and PHD is a male Neurosurgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Neurological Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Philip A. Starr practice?
- Dr. Philip Starr has 4 office locations.
Dr. Philip Starr practices Neurological Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.