A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Starr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Starr is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Starr, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
He has special expertise in 12 Areas, including Cancer, Chronic Pain, and Dystonic Disorders.9 more special expertise areas
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Starr graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Starr has 7 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Starr accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 89 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance