A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Starr:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Starr is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Starr, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurological Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Dystonic Disorders
- Endoscopic Deep Brain Simulation (DBS)
- Movement Disorders
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Parkinson Disease
- Spinal Disorders
- Stereotaxic Techniques
Education & Awards
Dr. Starr graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Starr has 7 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Starr accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 89 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip A. Starr practice?
Dr. Philip Starr practices Neurological Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Neurological Surgeons.