Dr. Philip Young, MD
Otolaryngologist, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  a new me  |  show details
by cy Powers on Oct 3rd, 2014

I was feeling like I looked old. I wanted to look in the mirror and be happy with what I saw. I thought about all the aspects of my face that I wanted to change and it seemed like too many things. I opted to have Dr. Young's Vitalizer and it made a huge difference. I even look a bit different but prettier. I've been much happier and feel/look younger!

|  Passionate doctor  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2014

Shows passion and care for his patients. Requires too much reading on this website. It will be better if he can explain and choose which products would fit his patient.

Doctor's Response

Thanks for your comments. We always appreciate feedback regarding our practice. Our website was built around the people we serve. Almost everything on the website was created based on patient requests, needs, or questions. For example, our website provides a lot of information on laser resurfacing. After reviewing this information, one patient stated that some photos would have helped in visualizing the procedure and the healing process. So, we created a separate page that includes a photo diary of the healing process. In addition, we uploaded videos educating visitors on how to prepare for the laser resurfacing procedure. Our aim is to provide as much information as possible about the procedures we perform, so that patients are well-informed when they come in for a consultation. We do, of course, provide a treatment recommendation for every patient during a consultation appointment. We love hearing from our patients, and appreciate any and all suggestions we receive. If you have ideas for making our site more suitable to meet your needs, we would love to read them - please write us at: contactus at drphilipyoung.com.

Aug 18th, 2014

Awesome surgery technique.

Aug 17th, 2014

Dr. Young recently performed a facial implant procedure on one of my family members and he is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. In addition, he is an excellent surgeon and has a stellar bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

|  first-time patient  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2014

Everything is great so far!

|  Scar Revision  |  show details
by Laura on Jul 8th, 2014

Dr. Young dramatically improved the appearance of the scar on my neck from neck surgery and it hasn't even been six months. He was always available when I was in panic mode during the healing process and continued to exhibit above average concern for my happiness. He is incredibly skilled as a surgeon and a wonderful human being.

|  Had surgery on nose and lips.  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2014

I had surgery on my nose and lips. The nose I had done to make it look more small with a slight upturn at the tip. I'm fairly pleased with it really. At first I didn't like it but it has come in ok for me over the months of healing and it isn't too small, looks quite natural on my face. My lips I had advanced using a v-y advancement technique. These I had done so as to not make them too large or unnatural. I have a nice pout now and honesty I do like them. I think I could use more on the upper though. Also, this technique, very few other doctors seem to offer. I think they should. Of course it will leave like a raised area on the inner part of lip but you don't notice it. I highly recommend Dr. Young for this surgery.

|  Happy With My Procedures  |  show details
by KKrape on Jun 6th, 2014

I have had numerous procedures by Dr. Young including a lower face lift and later, facial fat transfer. I have found him to be a true perfectionist who spent a lot of time understanding which procedure would enhance and refresh my appearance while still looking natural. I am very happy with my results.

|  Business Owner  |  show details
by P Brown on Jun 5th, 2014

OK. Here's my review. ~ Dr. Young's brilliance is appreciated. I admire that his credentials are superb. He'd never tell you all of them, though. My eyelid surgery came out fantastically! P Brown

|  Worth the Cost  |  show details
by Chris on Jun 4th, 2014

On behalf of Dr. Young, as a patient I am voicing my opinion to share with others the reality of choosing the RIGHT plastic surgeon and the reality of healthcare today. BEFORE seeing Dr. Young, I saw a number of physicians who were unskilled and could not speak intelligently to the problems I addressed. It concerned me that I felt more informed and knowledgeable to some of the providers I saw. One physician I saw even went out of her way to refund my co-pay. I spent money out of my own pocket to see Dr. Young in order to NOT make the same mistake of seeing someone affiliated with an organization. Because I went to a private practice there was no pressure for unnecessary charges that a facility “requires” in order to maximize billing to insurance. Understand that a private practice has nothing to fall back on and gain from the same way an organization does. You pay more money but you get what you pay for. Many providers rely on the brand of an organization to recruit patients but do a disservice by letting them know all the options they have as a patient. I have worked the medical field for almost nine years and sought expert advice from of the most renowned local providers at my own job. I work in healthcare and had a difficult time finding a skilled surgeon even within my own organization despite having a selection of physicians with many years of expertise and teaching residents. I was surprised to see how sloppy some of their work was. I would like to add that a colleague of mine who saw ANOTHER surgeon within our organization was pressured to schedule a procedure using outdated techniques. The concern of the provider there was to follow protocol and with no consideration to the patient of the aesthetic outcome leftover. BEFORE seeing Dr. Young, I saw ANOTHER physician who was NOT properly certified or trained. I suffered from botched plastic surgery on scars left from a routine biopsy. The results left me very miserable and unhappy from what should have been a routine procedure. It was a painful experience where I had to go through a new learning process of how to identify and research a provider who specializes in this area. I could not find any surgeon who would perform mole removal with a laser and the ones that I did I not feel comfortable possibly going through another error. I spent a considerable amount of time going through different names and locations. WHEN I met Dr. Young I instantly could tell the DIFFERENCE between him and other providers. Dr. Young spent a CONSIDERABLE amount of time explaining the details of the surgery. I found the video resources he provided online an EXCELLENT visual resource for what to patient education. Dr. Young’s time was not conflicted with arbitrary pre-occupations. I did not feel intimidated or that I was bothering him. The quality in bedside manner of a private practice physician is also something that a patient receives when making a selection. I am VERY HAPPY with the outcome of my procedure. I have HEALED remarkably and also learned more about patient care when I am the patient. Paying out of pocket was WORTH the cost. If I had NOT seen Dr. Young, I could have ended up with major scarring from old techniques recommended by OTHER physicians. Dr. Young’s fees were appropriate and generous when comparing with other providers in my local area who were overcharging. Initially, I wanted a provider close to home as that was ideal however I really took responsibility as a patient to reflect. I considered what was beneficial to myself as a patient; seeing a physician who is skilled is better than convenience, knowledgeable was better than unsure, and a provider not heavily affiliated with a healthcare brand was more. Now that I am able to move forward AFTER seeing Dr. Young here is the advice I would share with any potential patient considering self-improvement or surgery. 1. Keep you expectations realistic. Plastic surgery is the result of truly understanding the procedure and evaluating what comes with the benefits. Cosmetic surgery is not a guarantee to a desired unrealistic outcome. In this case, take opportunity of self-improvement for change but not to fix anything else in your life. 2. Take responsibility as a patient. Initially I assumed I would not need down time for minor corrective surgery but through the encouragement of people close around me I decided to reserve appropriate time for healing. In addition, I realized that almost ninety-percent of success if the post-operative care that I needed to do as a patient. Irrigating my wounds routinely were essential as Dr. Young highly explained that this was required to minimize errors. 3. Patience. Results from any type of surgery are not instant. It takes time to heal and to rebuild. Lifestyle improvements are important as well. Most criticism comes failed expectations from impatience. I hope this review serves as a platform to relay my education and trials as a patient. I am more than happy to put my credentials down as an advocate on behalf of Dr. Young as a talented surgeon.

|  WORTH the COST  |  show details
May 21st, 2014

|  I would do it again  |  show details
by Jasmine on Apr 24th, 2014

I had a rinoplasty done about a yesrvago. I am so pleased with my results. It looks natural. No scaring. Dr Young did a very nice job. And if I had to do it again I would.

|  Recent Young Vitalizer Procedure  |  show details
by Ann Peacock on Mar 14th, 2014

Exceptional non invasive Young Vitalizer Procedure. Dr Young and his staff were very concerned and helpful during my recovery. Seeing the presentation on New Day Northwest with Margaret Larson When she interviewed Dr. Young convinced me I could rely on Dr. Young to complete the procedure and restore some of my facial appearance ...Dr. Young displays a true interest in his patients, their recovery, the expected outcomes and a confidence of restoring the patient to acceptable limits.

|  lovely new look  |  show details
by Cheryl Powers on Mar 13th, 2014

I had a complete "Young volumizer" in Nov of 2013. I had been looking older and was unhappy so I decided to let Dr. Young do this procedure, as I had seen many miraculous results from his work. He was recommended by a good friend who had had great results from his as well. Dr. Young is bright and friendly, very clear and likes his work. He is quite confident and reached out to make sure I felt welcome to call him personally. I was encouraged to call him quite often as the procedure date was drawing near and he kept in close contact with me afterwards until all was healed and the swelling went down. I am very happy with my lovely results.

|  Dr. Young is the Best!  |  show details
by J.H. on Feb 25th, 2014

Dr. Young is not only an extraordinarily skilled plastic surgeon, he is practically a miracle-worker, in my humble opinion. I suffered for years with deformed ears and had numerous consultations and surgeries with other surgeons, so I have a considerable basis for comparison. He is the very best by far! Surgeons whose websites attest to the exceptional work they are capable of informed me with certainty that nothing could be done to extend the lower portion of my ears outward. I was searching desperately for someone to make my ears not appear as though the lower portion had been glued to my head. None of these surgeons were aware of implants or any other technique that could remedy my problem. After extensive searching on the web, however, I learned of medpor implants and a surgeon with experience in using them…Dr. Philip Young of Bellevue, Wa. Speaking with the authority of a patient having considerable experience in researching otoplasty and consulting with surgeons, I can say with confidence that Dr. Young is in the top echelon of plastic surgeons. He is on the cutting edge of plastic surgery techniques. His skill is a wonder to behold. I know this because not only was he able to remedy my “glued ears” problem, but he was able to correct the scar contracture that resulted from the first surgery. This was especially difficult due to numerous previous surgeries that had pretty well exhausted the amount of tissue that was available to correct this contracture. How he managed to correct this is what sets Dr. Young apart from your typical excellent surgeon. Dr. Young goes the extra mile and then some. He takes the time to focus his attention, knowledge, skill, and ingenuity into shaping tissue in a way other surgeons don’t even approach. He is patient, tireless, and persevering. He is the surgeon-miracle worker who restored my ears to their long-sought aesthetic ideal! If that isn’t enough, Dr. Young and his entire staff have always welcomed me with warmth, patience, gentleness, and understanding. They make having surgery a pleasant experience! I will never search for another plastic surgeon. Once you’ve reached the very top, you can relax and enjoy. My heartfelt appreciation goes to Dr. Young and his remarkable staff.

|  Fantastic Experience and Results  |  show details
by Jan Schiffner on Feb 23rd, 2014

Dr. Philip Young and his staff have provided me with exemplary patient care through two procedures and multiple skin treatments. They are warm, caring, professional and the results have been fantastic! I look and feel at least 10 years younger than I am. I am also pleased with how natural the results are. I look like the very best person I can be rather than a carbon copy of someone else. I highly recommend Dr. Young and his Staff. I give him four out of four stars in every category listed below.

|  Consultant  |  show details
by P Brown on Feb 23rd, 2014

I have always been treated with the utmost care and skilled hands from Dr. Philip Young. I have had 3 procedures in his office/surgery room and he tracks everything concerning my procedures,very well.

|  I no longer worry about my nose getting noticed. It's beautiful!  |  show details
by Kathy A on Feb 22nd, 2014

I have always been self-conscious about the width of the bone across the middle of my nose. I also had an unattractive bulbous tip on the end of my nose. Consequently, I had been reluctant to have my picture taken. I visited several plastic surgeons and I was told that there was very little they could do about the issues I was having with the appearance of my nose. Even with those doors closing, I continued to do further research to find a solution to my problem. I read some excellent reviews about Dr. Young. As I visited the photo gallery on the Aesthetic Plastic Facial Surgery website, I saw that he was able to help people with my concerns. Additionally, he has excellent credentials. He showed me what my nose would look like after surgery and he was completely accurate. I now have the beautiful nose that other plastic surgeons told me was impossible to achieve. I have a slim nose with a beautiful tip. Photographs of me has improved markedly, although the reason for the improvement may not be noticeable to others as the improved appearance of my nose looks very natural. Dr. Young has an excellent support staff and they were always supportive every step of the way.

|  Dr.Young is the best  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

Dr.Young showed enthusiasm when discussing the procedure with me.He had a confidence in his ability to perform the procedure to my liking.I consulted with two other surgeons who were not sure they could perform the procedure.Dr.Young was very professional and showed true concern for my comfort during recovery.The result of the procedure shows that Dr. Young is a true artist.

|  I was fortunate to be his patient  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2011

Dr. Young helped me improve my facial profile by performing three procedures: (1) acne scar revision, (2) lower facelift, and (3) neck lifting. Before going to Dr Young, I did my job in searching for a good facial plastic surgeon. I became aware of Dr. Young through his input on the internet (comments on forums and videos on YouTube). Because I am a medical doctor, I was able to evaluate his input and judge his experience and knowledge confidently. After an extensive search, I concluded that Dr. Youngs experience, skills, and fund of knowledge were very decent. In addition, I found out that Dr. Young has dual American Board certification in otolarygeogly and plastic surgery. In my opinion, plastic surgeons who receive training in otolaryngology are better in performing facial plastic procedures than their counterparts who lack such training. I believe that this specialized training makes them more confident in handling the tissues and structures of our necks and faces than other general plastic surgeons. Given all these factors, I flew all the way from Canada to Bellevue to meet with Dr. Young. I found him skilled and professional. He knew exactly what I wanted on his first look at my face. He professionally discussed all the possible options and chose the one that might work best for me. I had a very smooth recovery without developing any sort of complications. Right after the surgery, I was thrilled with the result of neck lifting (nicely defined neck angle and jaw lines with invisible scarring).As an out-of-town patient, I felt that Dr. Young gave me a special care. He made me come to his clinic several times within the few days I had after the surgery in order to make sure I am recovering well before my return to Canada. Dr. Young showed excellent and courteous bed side manner and was welcoming any questions or concerns. His staff is amazing. His patient coordinator, Tasha, arranged everything starting from the remote consultation and ending with my postoperative care. The nursing staff was fabulous. Hannah did a great job on the day of my surgery. Special thanks to Sarah for her patience and excellent in job in my postoperative care.I had a successful experience with Dr. Young and I will never hesitate to go back for any additional thing I want to do in the future. As a patient of Dr. Young and a medical professional as well, I highly recommend him for facial plastic procedures. Dr. Youngs talents, experience and the high standards of patient care at his clinic should help you reach the results you look for.(A medical practitioner from Canada)

|  What is he doing?!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Dr. Young is a liar. Nothing he ever said has happened and it has ruined my life. He should stop performing surgeries on people. Do not trust him.

|  I would HIGHLY recommend  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2011

Dr. Young had some great suggestions for me, including things that I hadn't even considered. Never once did it feel like he was trying to "sell" me anything. Rather, the procedure he recommended was less expensive than the one that I was going in for, less invasive AND was going to last longer.He is a wealth of knowledge and my results were even better than I had anticipated.

|  Full YoungVoluminizer  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2010

Dr. Young appears to be very detail-oriented visually, however it seemed somewhat difficult for him at times to fully articulate verbally information/answers to me and my husband. We had to ask a significant amount of information in order to be certain we were understood thoroughly as well as crystal clear with his comments/recommendations. We both sensed he was a bit ADHD - easily distracted, bouncing from thought to thought - rather than linearly focused. We wanted to have several consultations with him instead of just the typical "one" complimentary session to be certain he was the best candidate to address my concerns medically. He was accommodating to the multiple visits which very few surgeons were willing to do.

|  Dr. Young will bring out your inner facial beauty  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 22nd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

|  Dr. Young will bring out your inner facial beauty  |  show details
by Sherman C. on May 21st, 2010

When I was looking for a plastic surgeon, I was drawn to Dr. Young by his clear vision of facial beauty and his skill and experience with bringing beauty to the faces of his patients. I have had four facial procedures performed by him. I trust Dr. Young's state-of-the-art, safe and effective techniques. Dr. Young has performed for me: 1) Lip lift & lip augmentation, 2) Rhinoplasty (nose job), 3) Chin recontouring, 4) Brow lift, hairline correction by scalp advance and forehead recontouring. The results have been excellent with all these procedures. Dr. Young is conscientious and works hard for all his patients. I plan to have Dr. Young perform additional procedures in the future. Make sure you talk to Dr. Young before you select your plastic surgeon. I think you will be as impressed with him as I am.

|  YoungVolumiver Chemical Peel  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 5th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

My experience with Aesthetic Facial Plastic Surgery was so wonderful! They treated me so well! I thought that this would be a very intimid...

|  Fat Transfer to my face  |  show details
by Sharon B. on Apr 14th, 2010

I have severe hollowness under my eyes and cheeks. I became interested in the fat transfer, in hopes of a more youthful appearance without scary surgery. After much research, I found Dr. Young's website in Bellevue, Wa. Since I live 5 hours away from his office, his staff made it amazingly easy to set up a consultation over the phone. I found him to be very helpful and candid with my thoughts and aging concerns. The office fully prepared me for the procedure and I felt completely comfortable with my big decision. My healing took about 2 weeks and I was fine to go to work by then. I did have a bit of swelling under my eyes, but was assured by the doctor that it was the slowest part of healing. Sure enough it was, and now I'm 100% healed and so happy with my decision. I look exactly like i did 15 years ago and I receive compliments all the time. I hope that my story helps another person out there who is looking into this procedure. I truly recommend it for those looking for natural results without going under the knife. I also recommend Dr. Young because of his attention to detail and kind heart! Thank you Dr. Young for the wonderful results.Sharon B.

|  Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2010

This gifted doctor really seems to really care about his patients and has an artist eye that can brings out the full potential in a person's looks...If your looking for great results this is the doctor to see...Btw, I believe, he had the top score in nation on his PS board exams...That should tell you about the quality of medical doctor he is!

|  Love my New Nose!!!  |  show details
by Nicole R. on Feb 4th, 2010

I have always been a bit insecure about my looks and have thought about doing Rhinoplasty for a long time. Dr. Young and his staff made my experience one of a kind. They were persistent to insure all of my needs were met, I was happy with my results and they have continued to make me feel like family. My procedure went great and I left the office with no concerns and all of my questions answered. I have never felt so good about myself and my appearance. I have you to thank for that Dr. Young. My new nose is perfect, I cannot thank you enough for this new look on life.Sincerely, Nicole R.

|  Fabulous Rhinoplasty  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 4th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

|  Dr Philip Young is great!  |  show details
by Stacy on Nov 2nd, 2009

Very courteous and professional office staff and dr. I'll go back again!

|  Wonderful Experience  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2009

I went to Dr. YOung because of all his credentials and information on his website. I was pleasantly surprised by his presentation during my consultation, and felt very at ease. My facelift procedure went very smoothly and my results were better than I hoped for. Dr. Young highly encouraged me to come in for regular follow-ups to check on my progress. I never felt like I was just another patient of his many. Him and his staff made me feel like I was his only concern when I came in. He's a wonderful doctor and I am very happy I chose him.

by Goody2 on Nov 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Young offers the best services at the best price. My Dysport (Botox alternative) started working in 2 days and lasted over 4 months! Before it only lasted 2 months. I'm esctatic because that saves me lots of $$$! Check him out because you won't be so

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Dr. Young is an Expert BotoxDysport Injector!  |  show details
by Goody2 at Citysearch on Nov 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Dr. Young offers the best services at the best price. My Dysport Botox alternative started working in 2 days and lasted over 4 months! Before it only lasted 2 months. I`m esctatic because that saves me lots of !

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Amazing Dr. Young and staff in Bellevue, Wa  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have to say my experience with Dr. Young was outstanding. I look 10 years younger and the aftercare was far more than I ever expected. Not...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  My facelift and new eyelids look great!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 6th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I received a full facelift and upper eyelid surgery with Dr. Young and I look fabulous! I highly recommend this doctor and am now a loyal pa...