Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Was my long time Doctor, until show details Was my long time Doctor, until
by Heartbroken....nice doctor kind but not enough on Oct 4th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr.Abbott for over 10 years. When I was younger I had been told by a previous Gyno, I couldn't have children due to ovarian cysts and a hormone imbalance. I was referred to Dr.Abbott by my mother. I told him all of my issues and although he was kind he never seemed to take them seriously. Every check up I have to repeat the same problems I am having but over the years they have increased. The only solutions I was offered was birth control, but it was never explained to me that it was to shrink any possible cysts. It was only presented to me as, you are getting older and wouldn't want any unplanned pregnacies, unless you are alright with that. Every year I have to remind him I am married and every year I have to re explain my history, such as I have been told I cannot get pregnant, I don't understand why I would need the pill and I am married pregnancy would be ok. Every year I am treated as though me not being able to get pregnant is in my head, as well as the progression of other symptoms that come along with what is wrong with me. Painful sex, abnormal periods, 7 years plus of unprotected sex with my husband and still no pregnancies. This last visit was a bit worse. I had got in shape the visit before last and started to gain some of my weight back. The staff used to be wonderful but then His nurse who is very heavy made comments like, all your hard work is being flushed down the toilet, you are gaining all of that weight back. I had only gained 10 of the 50 I had lost in a year back. Which I have lost again. That was not appropriate of this woman especially with her being extremely heavy. I had complained of extremely bad pain during sex my last visit and was made to feel it was all mental. He told me everything looks fine. Then yesterday I ended up in the ER. I didn't know what was happening, I started develping extreme pain in my stomach on my right side. After extensive tests and ruling out appendicitis the ER doctor told me that they had found a very big cyst on my left ovary and signs of one rupturing on my right. I was advised to follow up with my OBGYN as soon as I could as this can lead into more severe problems especially at my age. I was advised this all could have been prevented with minor treatment. I had no idea that the cysts I had could lead to so many problems. I told the ER doctor that I advised my Gyno numerous times I had been diagnosed with this. Not once was it ever addressed in over 10 years with any concern. I was advised again this is why I couldn't have children, and then it was confirmed that that was the cause of the extreme pain I was having during intercourse. No, it wasn't in my head it was very real and that I needed to act quickly given my age. I am shocked and disgusted that a doctor I trusted for so long didn't take ANY kind of measures to help me even when I was crying about not being able to have children. I was treated as if this was something in my head even though after years of unprotected sex, pain, and irregular cycles were brought up by me over and over again. He is a nice man but nice is just not enough. I am now in so much pain I am puking and have been given large doses of antibiotic to make sure it does not cause infection. The words cancer, hysterectomy became stressed words while in the ER. Being advised the pill had a very high chance of taking care of these issues when they first started happening was also told to me. If my doctor had just told me the numerous amount of times I went in I would have gladly gone on them but telling me it was to avoid any surprises? I will be seeking another doctor and now am heartbroken to know that I could have taken measures a very long time ago and most likely would have had children, there are just no words to describe it. Now almost 40 and hearing hysterectomy and cancer. It is no place I ever would want anyone else to be. I would highly reccomend not going to see this doctor. As nice as he is, and he is nice he paid no mind to what was happening when I was begging for answers. Didn't even attempt to find any, just suggested exercise and possible therapy for the painful sex. Advising me women's bodies work themselves out Please know I was not that overweight and I am over 6 feet tall. The most I was ever over was that 50 but I have been able to maintain the weight that I lost and am in relatively good shape. How humiliating and enraging. I warn any woman even if I am that one in a million. You do not want to be the next one brushed off and advised that these issues you are having are most likely mental and a woman's body usually works itself out. Just appalled. I had come to terms with not being able to have children a while ago but now to find out it was most likely an easy solution for it? Now to find out it has lead into more serious complications as though I neglected to see an OBGYN and take care of my body? It's as if I never told him about any of this even though every year I would say the same things but add on to the problems because they were growing. Literally. It is like I am reliving the first time I was told I couldn't have children except now it is worse. There was a solution but I was never told, never looked into enough, never heard. Now, it really might be too late. Do not go see this doctor. Please as one woman to another I would never want anyone else to experience what I have and now am going through.

May 26th, 2015

Awesome Doctor! I highly recommend Dr. Abbott!

Amazing! show details Amazing!
by Davina on Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Abbott is beyond amazing! I had a golf ball sized cyst on my right ovary and the doctor that the hospital had referred me to said that it was best to just take out the entire ovary. What a shock! He told me it couldn't be saved, however, I looked at doctors in my insurance plan and came across Dr. Abbott who is board certified, amongst many other certifications. He took a look and was 110% sure that my ovary would be saved and only the cyst removed. It's been 8 years, both my ovaries are great and scarring isn't an issue. He was friendly, courteous, and professional. I still see him even though I live in Florida now. He and his staff is that great & you won't find another office like that. He is highly recommended.

Jan 22nd, 2015

Excellent Doctor. Someone you can feel comfortable with.

Jan 9th, 2014

Dr. Abbott has been my doctor for many years. He makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend him to anyone young or mature looking for a doctor.

Aug 3rd, 2012

Very caring, listens with appropriate feedback, I never feel rushed, up on current medical and community information.

The Best show details The Best
by Debby Brady on Jul 26th, 2010

I've known Dr. Don for 45 years. He's just the best!

by Angela Walker on May 21st, 2009

This is one of the best and caring doctors Ive very meet. All the women in family has been using Dr. Abbott for years.