A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Amrein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Amrein is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Amrein
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Amrein Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Amrein, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Clinical Research
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Amrein graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Amrein has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Mass Eye and Ear Infirm
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Philip Crawford Amrein MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Philip C. Amrein practice?
- Dr. Philip Amrein has 1 office location.
Dr. Philip Amrein practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Oncologists.