A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Barie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Barie is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Barie, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Abdominal Cavity Inflammation (Peritonitis)
- Abdominal Injuries
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Brain Injuries
- Critical Care
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Gallbladder inflammation (Cholecystitis)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Gram-Positive Bacterial Infections
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Multiple Trauma
- Penetrating Wounds
- Septic Shock
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Barie graduated from Boston University . He has 7 awards.
Dr. Barie has 11 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barie accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 29 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 13 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip S. Barie practice?
Dr. Philip Barie practices Surgery near New York, NY.
See New York Surgeons.