Dr. Philip Barie MD, FACS Patient Reviews

2.4

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2016
WORST EXPERIENCE WITH A SUREON I EVER HAD WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR HE SHOULD RETIRE. AFTER WAITING IN THE ER 13 HOURS WI AN ENORMOUS BLOOD BLISTER HE FINALLY OPENED IT HAD HE OPENED IT SOONER IT OULD HAD NOT GROWN TO SUCH AN ENORMOUS WOUND. AFTER A MONTH OF EXCRUTIATING LY PAINFUL TREATMENT HE RECOMMENDED A SKIN GRAFT ALTHO HE NEVER CAME TO BEDSIIDE IN THE HOSPITAL. I WAS BROUGHT TO HIS OFFICE BY AMBULETTE TO BE DISCHARGED HE NEVER EVEN ENTER ED THE EXAMINING ROOM, BUT FROM THE DOORWAYSAID I SHOULD SEE A PLASTIC SURGEON TO HAVE A SKIN GRAFT! I WOULD DEFINITELY SAY THAT HE IS NOT FIT TO BE SURGEON BECAUSE IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE A SURGEON BECAUSE OF HIS COLD INDIFERENCE.

September 22nd, 2011
he farts
he was rude to patients, rude to his staff, and he was farting constantly while on rounds.

September 16th, 2010
He negligently severed a nerve. At first he denied it. Then he admitted the wrong-doing.
A simple hernia operation. For over nine months after the operation, Dr. Barie denied he cut my ilioinguinal nerve-- but the numbness on the surface of the skin in my pubic area did not go away. He finally admitted it after I read to him that his own operating room report stated that he could not find my nerve. Was I born without the nerve? Was he so incompetent that he could not find it? Or, did he cut it. This doctor was not forthcoming to reveal his mistake. Shame on him.

November 14th, 2008
residents
I cannot believe what I saw when I was in the hospital. This doctor was so awful to his surgical residents that I was concerned how he was going to treat me as a patient.

August 26th, 2015